Chapter 42: The Wedding

Start from the beginning

"How are you feeling Ari?" Rose asked as I placed my log on the ground and then took a seat on it.

"Drained." I let my head fall into my hands as I sighed deeply. "I want him home." Tears began to sting my eyes as Rose sat beside me and wrapped an arm around me, I let my head rest on her shoulder.

"He'll come home." She reassured but it wasn't enough.

"How do you know, it's been almost three weeks." I cried, wiping the tears that were now rolling down my face.

The family had been a big help with keeping me distracted, the wedding plans, Carlisle's training and when I got sad Jasper had his powers on hand, yet my emotions always seemed to break through. Carlisle believed it was because I was an imprint. My emotions for Jake being much stronger than a normal relationship.

"Aria, he'll come home." She said seriously and I almost believed her. If he loved me like he said he did he wouldn't have left me alone for this long. I knew that he knew I was okay, as much as he tried to avoid it, he could still hear the rest of the packs thoughts. Jesse told me he was still punishing himself and wanted to be left alone.

It took a few minutes but I managed to regain my emotionless state. "Alright let's get back to work." I stood up and brushed myself off and walked over to one of the benches that had to be moved.

"Aria you don't have to," Rose started but I cut her off.

"Rose, I'm fine." I said with my back to her as I lifted the bench. I began to walk in over to the pile of others but as I did I felt my bottom lip begin to wobble, I so wasn't fine.

* * *

I managed to keep myself distracted for the rest of the day and with Jasper's help I fell straight to sleep last night too. Alice allowed me to have a little lay in but I guessed that was Esme's doing knowing what mental state I was in at the moment.

It was just after 1pm, four hours until the wedding was due to begin and I think Alice was losing her mind. Bella hadn't arrived yet, Jesse was bringing her, along with Tori who was set to get ready with us. They were currently ten minutes late.

"Aria where is your brother!" I was sat in the den with Carlisle and Esme when Alice came stomping into the room.

"I don't know, it was your idea for him to bring Bella." I replied monotonously and Esme coughed showing she wasn't pleased with how I answered. "I'm sure he'll be here soon." I even added a courteous smile to ease the tension I had created.

"We're behind schedule now though!" Alice whined and I swear she stomped her foot.

"Sweetheart calm down." Esme said, laughing lightly. "Look, come with me I have something for you girls." She stood and motioned for us to follow her, calling Rose along the way too as she led us to her bedroom. "I thought you girls would appreciate this."

She opened the door and laid out on the massive king sized bed in front of us were four silk slip dresses and matching silk robes, you could tell who's was who's as they matched the colour of each of our dresses.

"Oh Esme they are perfect!" Alice squealed as she rushed towards her dress, grabbed it and hugged it to her chest.

"I'm so happy you thought of this." Rose smiled thankfully before grabbing her dress too and rushing out the door, Alice following right after her leaving Esme and I alone.

I walked over to my dress and admired it, it was just so pretty. "Thank you Esme." I said sincerely hugging her tightly. I needed the comfort.

"Oh darling." She stroked my hair lovingly, she knew I wasn't just thanking her for the dress. "Just be strong today. Just think, when the night's over you can just shut yourself back in your room again and forget about the world." I laughed at her idea, she knew me too well.