Chapter 30: Blurred Lines

I awoke to movement in the bed behind me and I groaned lightly, turning over to face the moving person who had disturbed my sleep. I peeked one eye open to see Jake sitting up and stretching, his back muscles flexing as he did so and it took everything in me to not dribble.

I could still admire him, that wasn't a crime.

"Are you leaving?" I asked quietly and he seemed to jump at my voice. I didn't want him to leave, I wanted to spend more time catching up, of course minusing any kissing.

He turned to look at me, a bright smile on his face before he laid back down on his side facing me. "Now don't get mad, but I just got a text from Bella." He gently brushed some hair from my face as he spoke.

"Oh, about the... Did she tell you what it's about?" I didn't want to tell him in case he got a bit out of hand.

"Intruder. Yeah I know." He spoke softly before kissing my forehead.

"So why aren't you rushing?" I asked him, sitting up and stretching myself.

"Because I wanted to ask you if you wanted to come with me. I wasn't going to leave without talking to you first." He explained standing from the bed and walking over to his cut offs he had taken off last night.

"I'll go" I said as I stared at his ass as he walked. "Don't you wanna go back to your house first to change?" I asked him as he pulled his shorts on.

"Yeah that would be a good idea." He nodded as I stood from the bed also and made my way over to my closet.

I stood with my hands on my hips as I looked over my clothes only for them to be moved when Jake wrapped his arms around my waist from behind. "You haven't worn these clothes in so long." He said as he leant his head on top of mine.

"I haven't worn these since I was human." I sighed leaning into him as he began to draw shaped on the exposed skin of my stomach.

"You are human." He whispered as he began to pepper kisses over my shoulder and neck.

"Half human." I corrected him, stepping out of his hold just as he was about to suck on my sweet spot on my neck. I needed to be more firm with him if I didn't want this side of him to continue.

I grabbed a pair of blue skinny jeans a plain white T-shirt and one of Jake's old hoodies. I broke my rules last night so there was no point standing by them.

"Wow. Rule three is broken as well now." Jake smiled at me and I pushed him out of the way so I could get to my bathroom to shower. I placed my clothes on the side in the bathroom and turned back towards the door, shutting it in Jake's face.

I stripped off and entered the shower, the burning hot water was needed for my warm skin otherwise I wouldn't feel the heat. As I showered I couldn't help but think about how stupid and unreasonable I was being lately.

I mean breaking all of my rules, letting him kiss me and so passionately too. What was happening to me, like seriously? What happened to not going back to him? What happened to getting over him?

I think I was right when I said to Jesse there is some sort of elastic band holding Jake and I together. Whenever one of us gets far enough it always stops us and snaps us back together without us even wanting it to. I mean is that what love is, is that what it does because this seems a whole lot stronger than just regular love. Does that mean Jake loves me too?

"You know you could hurry up a bit." Jake's voice came out from the other side of the curtain causing me to jump and lose my footing.

"Shit." I yelped as I grabbed onto the top of the curtain railing to steady myself. "What the hell are you doing in here, get out!" I cried as I turned the shower off.