Chapter 5

“So I guess I should have called before just turning up” Chelsea said clearly looking awkward “Yeah um that would have been helpful” Cole said running his hand through is hair I noticed he always does that when he’s nervous. “Chelsea rolled her eyes “I guess I would have found out somehow, I can’t believe you’d hide a girlfriend and a baby from me I can understand from mum and dad but I’m your sister we don’t keep secrets I wouldn’t have told them I mean for god sakes Cole you told Adeline” she sounded really annoyed and I didn’t blame her I know him and Chelsea are super close and I feel awful at this point “In his defence he never told me” Adeline said trying to help him out a bit I decided maybe I should help him to I mean he doesn’t look like he knows what he’s going to say “ Chelsea” she turned to face me again I cleared my throat  “ I’m sorry about this whole situation It’s just that Cole’s adjusting to being a new dad and everything and me and him are just getting to know each other he wanted to tell you he just didn’t know how” she gave me a faint smile “ Look I know your trying to stick up for Cole he’s your boyfriend now I understand but my brother has a mouth think he should use it” she said turning back to Cole who was giving me the you didn’t have to do that look “Chelsea don’t be rude to her ok” he said firmly “I’m not I’m just mad and want answers and I won’t leave until I get some” she yelled plonking herself next to Chloe. Well this would be a long evening.

There was the typical brother and sister arguing that I could handle but when Sophia started screaming my hearing seemed to have vanished, God I don’t want kids. Eventually Salma and Chloe left to my relief I think I have a permanent headache.

“So Montana how old are you” asked Chelsea she wanted to know everything about me “Umm 21” I lied “Really cause you look so familiar my friend Mahalia has a cousin called Adrienne she’s 18 and she had a party a couple months back and I swear I saw you” ooh shit “No I don’t know an Adrienne” I lied again “Really cause I’m sure her best friends name was called” just then Cole jumped in “ Well it’s getting late” Cole said I could tell he was starting to panic Chelsea gave him a confused face “Its 10.30” “Exactly” Cole said “Your such a weirdo sometimes” “I’d better get going” I picked my jacket and bag up “I’ll drop you off” Adeline offered “Thanks”.

“Mahalia’s best friend is Mr Chamber little sister OMG this is crazy she recognised you” “Well she said I looked familiar but I told her I didn’t know an Adrienne and then Cole distracted her what if she finds out” “What if she does” Adrienne said not seeing the big deal “If she does she won’t say anything she wouldn’t want her brother to get in trouble” Adrienne said giving me the duh face “What if she tells Salma to be mean I don’t think she likes me very much” “I don’t blame her I hate every girl Ty dates” she stated “Not helping” she rolled her eyes “Look if she cares about her brother she’ll keep quiet you have nothing to worry about” she said patting my shoulders.

Chelsea’s POV

 “Yeah Adrienne’s best friend is definitely called Montana I know her” “I knew it” “What’s the big deal you knowing her name” “She’s dating my brother that’s the big deal” I yelled “So” she said not getting the big deal god she was slow “Your cousins 18” I said trying to wake her up “And…Oh” I rolled my eyes took her long enough to catch on “So your brothers dating an 18 year old big deal it’s not like he teaches her or anything” she laughed “What school does Adrienne go again” I asked her hoping she wasn’t going to say “StarView High” Shit. Oh my gosh me brother my perfect older brother is dating a student no this can’t be happening maybe he doesn’t know… oh who am I kidding. What’s he thinking he could get fired and if he does that’s his career down the toilet and she’ll still have a bright future ahead of her I can’t let this happen I just can’t .

Montana’s POV

 I can’t believe I let Cole persuade to drop theses baby clothes off for Sophia I don’t like Salma she’s really starting to bug me every time I’m around she purposely flirts with him or asks him to do something for Sophia.

I lightly knocked on the door “Montana…” Chloe said coldly she looks at me like I’m her arch enemy or something “Um hey Cole wanted me to drop some clothes off for Sophia” “That’s nice of Cole” not even thinking of thanking me for drooping them off “Well you can come and give them to Salma just wait in the living room and she’ll be in there in a sec”.

To them a second must be very long because it’s been 30 minutes I must say Chloe’s quite the guest leaving me here and going out very nice indeed I don’t see why she had to invite me in for I have no business being here. There’s yelling coming from behind the door just out of curiosity I’m just going to listen in not that I’m nosy or anything. Its Salma boy has she got a gob on her “No Kyle I’ve told you before you’re not going to be a part of Sophia’s life you may be her dad but I want nothing to do with you, you blew it when you took off without a word” I knew it that little… I knew Cole wasn’t that baby’s father she’s just using him cause he has a good heart and she knows he’ll take care of her “Kyle no I don’t want to hear it okay as far as I’m concerned Cole’s her dad and I swear if you say anything to him you’ll regret it” Boy she’s scary but I have to tell him he doesn’t deserve this “Yes we are getting back together so you need to back off” Oh no you aren’t.

Cole’s POV

“WHAT WERE YOU THINKING” Chelsea yelled “I care about her and so does she so why don’t you mind your own business I don’t meddle in your love life so don’t meddle in mine!”  Chelsea always does this “I’m just looking out for you” she stated “I don’t need looking out for I’m the older one remember” “You could lose your Job mean while she’ll be fine” “I won’t ok we have everything under control” she folded her arms “You have a kid if Salma found out she won’t let you see her did you ever think about her your picking a girl over your only kid Cole be real” I sat down on my couch and ran my hand through my hair “I’m with her and that’s it ok” “Your such hypocrite always telling me to not make mistakes make the right choices” “This is different” I said trying to defend myself “Why because it’s you I thought you was better than that if mum and dad was to find out” “You wouldn’t” “suddenly the door knocked “I’ll get it” she said and threw her hands up I know what where doing isn’t right but I can’t seem to stay away from her “Cole” I looked up and saw Montana with Chelsea behind her looking mad “I need to tell you something” she sounded really serious  I patted the seat inviting her to sit beside me I saw Chelsea roll her eyes as she sat beside me “Um could you” I asked her “I’ll be in the kitchen” she said and slowly walked out “What’s up” “Ok you need to listen carefully please don’t get mad at me it’s just what I heard ok um when I went to Salma Um this is hard” “What is it” I asked her “She was talking on the phone to someone called Kyle and she was talking um about Sophia she said um I don’t care if you’re the father” I s she for real “This doesn’t make any sense I did the DNA test and it said I was the father” “I’m sorry” she looked like she was about to cry “I can’t believe this” “I’m such an idiot why didn’t I have to overhear that’s stupid conversation” she said “No this isn’t your fault ok” I said and hugged her “What’s going on I heard crying” Chelsea said we both looked up “You’re not pregnant are you” Chelsea asked looking worried “No Chelsea” I yelled “That would be insane” Montana said looking a bit embarrassed “Just asking” Chelsea said and raised her hands up. “Cole I’m so sorry” she said holding my hands “What should I do” I asked her “Whatever feels right” she said to me she was absolutely right.