Part 4: Streets Arent Safe Around Here

A/N: idonotownsupernatural

THE FUTURE SEEMED A LITTLE BRIGHTER WITH A plate of food in front of Ash

THE FUTURE SEEMED A LITTLE BRIGHTER WITH A plate of food in front of Ash. It was just a simple cheeseburger with fries, served all greasy and delicious from a small diner down the block from their crappy hotel.

Ash ate gratefully, almost as enthusiastically as Dean did. During the meal, their waitress- a pretty brunette woman with a tiny waist- returned and asked them if everything was tasting okay. She brushed past Dean's brutal appearance, the bruises purple on his face, a bandage still on his neck, to offer him a flirty smile.

After she was gone, Ash cleared her throat. Dean's light eyes had followed the waitress's retreat back into the kitchen.

"How do we start this?" Ash promptly asked.

"Start what?" Dean asked, sucking the ketchup off one of his long fingers. Sam was looking at him sideways, silently scolding him for his lack of manners.

"Looking for the vampires." She said. She thought maybe she was so stressed about finding them and ending them because she felt somewhat responsible.

"First you didn't want us to go after them." Dean said. "Now you can't wait to do it."

Ash rolled her eyes. "That's before Hanson attacked me. Before I knew they were killing people."

"Where exactly did you think they got their blood from?" Sam asked quietly, eyes looking at her from overtop of his glass of water.

Ash swallowed the amount of food she had forked into her mouth. Blond hair that was still a little damp hung loosely around her face. "Wyatt told me-" She started to say before realizing her mistake. She tried to remain neutral, and she skirted around the truth easily. "That was one of the other vampires..He told me they went to hospitals. He explained they couldn't drink from the dead, but swore to me that none of them hurt people."

Dean scoffed. "And you believed him?"

"Yeah, I did." Ash replied coldly. "I had no reason not to. The streets aren't exactly safe around here. And they took me in, they helped me."

"That nest of bloodsuckers is the reason the streets aren't safe, Ash. You realize that right?" Dean pressed, frowning slightly.

"Thank you, Dean. I know that now." She snapped. "Look, I know I was stupid for trusting them, but if I had known...I was desperate for someone to trust, I guess." She was ashamed to admit it, but she knew they were already thinking it.

"We don't think you were stupid, Ash." Sam promised her. "Trust me. If anyone knows what you were going through, it would be us."