Chapter thirteen

Avalon awoke the next morning sprawled across Rune's guest bed, her hair a ratted, curly mess atop her head, her clothes in disarray. With a groan, she sat up and looked around.
Oh, I'm still at that idiot's house...
She hadn't expected to have managed to fall asleep. It was so uncomfortable being in the house of your stalker, after all.
I slept at a boy's house...
Her face reddening, Avalon brought her hand to her mouth and stared down at the covers.
How embarrassing...
Absolutely NO ONE would hear about this. Letting out a heavy sigh, Avalon climbed out of bed, wobbling a little, and headed out down the hall.
What time was it...?
Today was Thursday. They had school....
Avalon started to worry as she saw sunshine pouring through every window. Her fears were realized as she found a clock hanging on the wall that read 10:15.
Class started three hours ago.
In a panic now, she tore off down the hall and threw open Rune's bedroom door. "Rune!! We're late for school, get up!!"
She was startled to find that the room was completely empty, his bed made. Avalon blinked as she stared at it blankly.
That little twerp left for school without me.
She couldn't believe this! How was she supposed to get to school now?! Even if she could find the strength to walk, Rune had said the school was miles away. Why had he chosen to live so far...?!
How had he even gotten there?
Taxi?!
Groaning in disbelief, Avalon wandered back down the hall towards the kitchen, wondering what to do now.
Deciding she should at least eat something, she made herself some cerealー thank god he had someー and headed towards the couch to eat. As she approached it, she noticed a piece of paper and some folded clothes sitting on the coffee table. Squinting at it, she curiously picked the paper up and read it out loud.
"Avalon,
I know you must be mad, but I really wanted you to get some rest so that you can heal. I went over to your house and got you some clothes. Your room was very cute. :)
I'll be home before you know it, so don't do anything rash!
Love ya.
-Rune."

Avalon almost gagged. There was so much wrong with this. What was he doing in her house???
Besides that, just how long was he planning on keeping her here?!
This was ridiculous!
And "love ya"? What was he, her grandma?
Rolling her eyes and flinging the flimsy piece of paper behind her, she reached for her clothes. It was actually a pretty cute outfit.
Too cute, actually.
Avalon frowned deeply.
Is he trying to make her his personal doll??
Flinging the frilly shirt onto the couch, she took the ripped jeans he'd provided and went back towards Rune's room to take one of his shirts instead.
She paid absolutely no mind to the mess she made as she rummaged through all of his drawers, eventually settling on a plain grey tee with a band's name written across it she had never heard of.
As expected, it was enormous on her. Even so, she thought it looked good on her with the tight ripped jeans.
She looked down at the shirt, pulling the hem to look at it again.
It smells like boy.
While that fact disturbed her, it didn't disturb her enough to consider the lacy top as an alternative.
Satisfied, Avalon gathered up yesterday's outfit and proceeded to borrow Rune's washer to clean them.
Letting out a sigh, she sat back down on the couch.
"......."
I'm already bored.
Not really sure what to do with herself now, she wandered around Rune's house. Under normal circumstances, Avalon would go through his things and fiddle around with his secrets, but in this case, she wasn't feeling particularly inclined to learn more things about the sleazy European who essentially kidnapped her.
So she saidー it had only taken until the clock reached noon for her to grow so bored she rummaged through all his drawers.
She hadn't found anything particularly interesting. That is, until she heard something scraping around at the bottom of drawer. Frowning, Avalon pulled all the clothing out of the way and ventured to the bottom of the drawer. The discoveryー a huge, curled black claw.
Avalon's eyes widened as she stared at it in disbelief.
What is this...!
It looked like it belonged to an enormous velociraptor.
Why did he have this...??
Unable to identify it, Avalon quickly threw it back in and slammed the door shut, forcing herself not to give it another thought.
That's enough digging for one day.