Chapter five

This was getting ridiculous, and Avalon was through playing around. For precautionary measures, she lead Rune completely and literally outside, not far from the window so her friends could look out and keep an eye on him and make sure no funny business was going on. Admittedly, Avalon felt a lot better knowing her friends weren't far. Taking a deep breath as she stared Rune down beside the tree trunk they stood by, she opened her mouth, ready to strike.
"You wanna explain to me what the hell your problem is?" The words flew out effortlessly. "Why are you stalking me? Are you trying to freak me and my friends out? What are you trying to pull? Just what are youー"
Her fierce shouts were abruptly cut off as Rune suddenly grabbed onto her arm, tugging her along until they were both behind the tree trunkー completely hidden from her friends' view. Somehow having an audience wasn't as fun...
Avalon felt her blood run cold. What was he doing??? Was he going to violate her?!
She squirmed, freaking out. "What're youー?!"
Rune cut her words off by pressing her to the tree trunk, hovering over her like before, wearing that same, ridiculous smirk.
"I've decided."
Avalon blinked in confusion. "... D...decided...? Decided what...?"
His grin broadened as he leaned down to bring his mouth close to her ear.
"I like you, Avalon Willows."

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

"He said all that?!"
Rae and Amber both stared at her, wide eyed from their place on the bed in her room.
"I know, right???" Avalon growled, sprawling out across her rug. "What kind of creep says something like that??"
Rae shrugged and nonchalantly took a bite out of one of the snacks Avalon's dad had provided. "You think it's creepy, but let's face it, Rune's a hottie..."
She looked casually off to the side to avoid her friend's steely glares.
"Rae, are you kidding me??" Avalon snapped, sitting upright. "That weirdo just attacked you yesterday!"

"He didn't attack me!"

Avalon blinked. "What do you mean...? Wasn't he trying to make a move on you?"
Rae scoffed and waved her off. "Of course not. He wanted to borrow my mechanical pencilー you know, the good one."
Avalon paused and stared at her friend for a long, thoughtful moment.
"...You mean to tell me you made a scene and forced me to stand up for you over a pencil?"

"A mechanical pencil."

Avalon looked to Amber in disbelief, and the ginger only shook her head, looking disappointed.
Avalon rubbed her temples and sighed, laying back down. "The point is, this fruitcake thinks he has the right to claim me."

Amber scoffed. "It's like he doesn't even know you."

"He doesn't, really."

"Oh yeah."

Avalon stood up, looking at her friends with resolve. "I guess I'll just have to show this guy who's boss! He'll realize his mistake soon enough."