The bartender then asks, "What kind of bind is your brother in?"

"He believes there are people in this town that are conspiring against him," Elijah simply explains.

"Wow. Narcissistic and paranoid," She observes and shakes her head. "Sorry. Bartender with a grad degree in psychology. Total cliché."

Elijah averts his eyes to her nametag, "Listen, Camille, I'm looking for someone who might shed some light on his current predicament. She works here, Jane-Anne Deveraux. Any idea where I might find her?"

"No," Camille furrows her eyebrows. "But I know someone who might."

She gave details to Elijah and Alexandria stayed silent. The entire time, she sat there, fondling her glass of bourbon and watched the liquid move.

I sighed and placed my hand over hers, "Stay strong, darling."

Alexandria looks up and she looks around, as if she sensed my presence.

Elijah stands from his barstool and begins to walk away until he notices Alexandria looking around, "Alexandria, are you coming?"

"Hm?" She hums before turning back to Elijah. "Yeah, sure."

I followed the pair to a street in the French Quarter.

"Who--or what--are we looking are we looking for exactly?" Alexandria asks as they walk around.

"Weren't you listening, Alexandria? We are looking for a witch by the name of Sabine," Elijah says as he looks at a group of tourists.

"Welcome to New Orleans, and the crown jewel of the Crescent city, the French Quarter. Jazz and jambalaya, romance, poetry, not to mention the things that go bump in the night. Monsters that feed off human blood, vengeful spirits of the dead, and my personal favorite, the witches. Here we have the voodoo shop, Jardin Gris. Go on, browse for a hex," The tour guide, Sabine, turns back and faces us. "Are you going to continue following me, Elijah, or do you wanna talk?"

Elijah looks to her with shocked eyes but hides it well, "You know who I am."

"Original vampire, always wears a suit," This makes Elijah smile. "You and your family are famous amongst the witches, especially with your... brother back in town."

Elijah  says, "Well, Niklaus is here because he learned that a witch was conspiring against him. Someone by the name of Jane-Anne Deveraux."

Sabine sighs with a small frown, "Well, if he's looking for Jane Anne, he's a little late."

"Are you telling me she's dead?" Elijah looks at her with shocked eyes.

Alexandria yawns, "Your chit chat is boring me, Sabine." Her yawn was contagious, even for a dead man, such as myself. 

She sends Alexandria a stern look, "Come on, her sister Sophie is gonna want to talk to you."

Sabine guides Elijah and Alexandria to a quiet street inhabited by a crowd of witches who mourn their fallen friend, Jane-Anne. Her body lies on the cold ground with blood on her neck. Candles and flowers were set around the corpse. One girl stands out from the rest as she mourns by Jane-Anne's side.

"That's Jane-Anne? Killed in public for anyone to find..." Elijah trails off as he watches with shocked eyes.

"Only people that come around here are the witches," Sabine shakes her head. "Now her sister has come to take her body. Her spirit can't rest until it's been properly interred in the cemetery."

Elijah looks down to his hands, "Please tell me that my brother had nothing to do with this."

"I would not be surprised," Alexandria says as she looks at the body with stone cold eyes.

The witch shakes her head, "No. Jane-Anne died because she got caught doing magic."

Alexandria turns to Sabine with furrowed eyebrows as Elijah asks, "What do you mean she got caught doing magic?"

Before Sabine could answer, a loud whistle interrupts her.

Instead of answering Elijah's question, her eyes widen in fear, "You wanna know who killed Jane-Anne? You're about to get your first glimpse of Marcel in action."

"The vampire Marcel?" Elijah asks with a gaping jaw.

"Things have changed since your family left town. Marcel has changed," Sabine says frantically.

As a bunch of vampires approach the witches, Sabine turns to Alexandria and Elijah, "I'm asking you, stay hidden. If Marcel finds out that a witch lured the Originals back into town, my people will be slaughtered."

Elijah grabs Alexandria's hand and they speed off to a balcony to hide in the shadows. I stayed down here and got closer to the crowd to get a better look.

"Well, well, well, what have we here? I gotta tell you Soph, this street corner is not proving the luckiest spot for your family tonight. Not half an hour ago, we had to teach your sister a little lesson," Marcel says as he joins Sophie, Jane-Anne's sister.

I couldn't help but laugh, "My, oh my! Marcel, you have changed."

Of course, he couldn't hear me but I did not care.

"We're putting her to rest Marcel. Leave us alone," Sophie says, trying to appear strong.

"I never said you could move the body. Matter of fact, I left her here for a reason: send a message," Marcel raises his voice and looks to all the witches. "If anybody is thinking of joining some kind of rebellion, my rules state that witches can't practice magic in the Quarter and yet a little birdy informed me that Jane-Anne was cooking up something magically delicious. Oh, yeah. While I have you, quick Q&A. My old friend – the hybrid, Klaus – he just happened to show up out of the blue asking for, of all people, Jane-Anne. Any idea why?"

Sophie's eyes pained as her lips formed a thin line, "I don't know. Witches don't get involved in vampire business."  

"Hmm. That would be pretty stupid, that's for sure. Tell you what, go back to the restaurant, cook up some of that famous gumbo, and keep those tourists happy, "Marcel turns to his vampire friends. "Take the body."

"What? No! Stop! Stop! Marcel!" Sophie screams.

Marcel looks to her with a smile, "I'm gonna hold on to your sister's body in case maybe you remember why Klaus is here."

Sophie speaks to Marcel who turned away, "Marcel please. Her body won't be at peace."

"Not my problem!" He sang as he and his vampires walked away with Jane-Anne's body.

Book two will take place during the events of The Originals! If you remember from a past chapter, we got a taste of the young Marcellus in a flashback. This epilogue was different than normal chapters since it was from Kol's perspective and was longer than regular chapters.

Sorry for the late update! I had a lacrosse tournament and spent the rest of the days driving back home. I had parts of the epilogue written but they didn't save which was very annoying. 

Thank you guys so much for reading all the way through the book! I know the beginning was slow and took forever for Kol to get into the storyline. That was one hundred percent my fault. Duh. But I wanted Alexandria to have a background and her own story, rather than revolving entirely around Kol.