Chapter 33

Kol and I were walking to the batting cages. Jeremy wanted to show us his baseball skills. I feel like ever since he has left Mystic Falls, he has been going out more and doing more things. Good for him.

"I hope we get to kill him," Kol said as we walked side by side on the sidewalk.

Rolling my eyes, I responded, "Just because he annoys you doesn't mean you should kill him."

He turns his head and looks at me strangely, "Sorry? Don't tell me you still like this boy after all he has done to you."

"It wasn't him who hurt me. It was his friends and they felt threatened. We would do the same," I retorted shortly.

"Why such a change in heart? Less than twenty-four hours ago, you were ready to rip off their heads any second," Kol exclaims.

I shrugged my shoulders, "I don't know. I guess after spending time with Jeremy, I realized how good of people they were."

Kol snorted, "That is utter crap you're talking."

I glared at Kol, "You do not know them like I do."

"I don't have to. All I need to know is they they betrayed you and hurt you. That is all I need to know for them to be on my kill list," Kol growled.

My hands found his and I swung our linked hands, "Thank you, my love, but you mustn't kill them. I do not know how I feel just yet."

"Fine but only because it is you who is asking," Kol says, kissing my hand lightly.

Together we turned and were in the batting cage. I first spotted Jeremy, then my eyes landed on the others. Damon and Elena. I grip on Kol's hand tightened and I could sense the smirk creeping onto Kol's lips. I feel Kol's hand leave mine as he picks up a bat.

"Fine, fine, but can we do this later? My friends just got here and yes, Damon, I actually have some. I'll call you when I'm done," Jeremy says, kissing Elena on her head.

Elena turns and her eyes land on us and her eyes widened, "Jer..."

Jeremy turns and grins at us, "Hey guys."

"Damon, it's Kol and Alex!" Elena shouts to the third member of the love triangle.

As Damon turns, Kol attacks him with the wooden bat, hitting him in the jaw. Kol hit Damon so hard, causing the bat to snap in half.

"What are you doing?!" Jeremy exclaims, standing aside.

"Jeremy, get back! He's an Original," Elena tells her brother.

Jeremy's eyes widen, "What?"

My love walks by Jeremy, getting another bat, "No hard feelings, mate. But we're not buds."

"Kol, stop. What did we just talk about?" I said through clenched teeth.

"Darling, in a minute please." Kol says with a smirk. "You know, I'll never get use to aluminum. But hey, at least it won't break."

Kol aims to hit Damon with the bat but Damon grabs the broken bat beside him. Damon stabs Kol in the stomach and gets to his feet, ready to attack me.

"Did you kill him?" Jeremy asks wearily.

"No, but it'll give us a head start," Damon says, watching me carefully.

"Go. Go before he wakes and kills you all," I say quickly.

They all look confuse and Damon is first to respond, "Okay, come on."

He grabs a shocked Elena and Jeremy and they leave the batting cages. As they leave, Jeremy looks over his shoulder at me. I quickly look away towards Kol's body and rip out the wood impaling him. I grab his body and dash out of the batting cages.