Epilogue

Kol's P.O.V.

I was on the Other Side. All I felt was anger when I first arrived. I saw Niklaus and Alexandria get stuck in the Gilbert house Bennett witch's barriers. My body lied there, untouched, for several days until Niklaus's favorite blonde had moved my body and cleaned up the mess I had created.

On the Other Side, all I could do was watch those of the living. Alexandria was struck with grief and I could not comfort her. Instead, my brother helped her mourn. Having found each other at the perfect time, Niklaus and Alexandria became closer than before. 

Was I mad? Only a little.

You know what did make me furious? Watching Silas rise and play with everyone's mind. He even had fun in Niklaus's head. If only they had listened to me...

I also got to see the cure tossed from one person to another. My family still remained as diabolical and psychotic as before, if not, even more. Niklaus acted hostile to both Rebekah and Elijah when the cure came into Elijah's hands. Elijah gave the cure to Rebekah and the white oak stake to Niklaus. 

Among all of this, Alexandria had managed to not pick any sides so she stayed in good relationships with all my siblings. She and Basil had grown closer after my death which made me smile.

Now, I was sat in Rousseau's, a bar in New Orleans. Beside me was Alexandria and Elijah who were chatting with a blonde bartender. 

"You look like you could use a drink," Says the bartender, sending a small smile to Alexandria. "Let me guess. Bourbon?"

Alexandria grins at her, "I feel like we will be good friends in no time."

She laughs as she pours Alexandria a glass.

"So what brings you to the Big Easy?" Blondie asks and raises her eyebrows at the two. "Romantic getaway?" I sensed the sarcasm in her voice but I still tensed at the thought of their old romance.

Alexandria snorted, "Oh, please."

"We used to live here," Elijah simpered after glancing at Alexandria.

"Really, when?" She asks with shocked eyes.

Elijah's eyes glittered, "Oh, it feels like a hundred years ago."

Alexandria and Elijah shared a look. I sighed nostalgically. I wish I could share these looks with my brother and Exandria.

"I just moved here myself. What brought you back?" The bartender asks curiously.

Alexandria mutters under her breath, "It's not like we wanted to come back."

Elijah sighs, "Well, my brother's here somewhere. I'm afraid he might have got himself into a bit of a bind."

"You say that like it's a common occurrence," She observes with a raised eyebrow.

I laughed and shook my head, "If only you knew."

"Well ... he's complicated. Defiant, ill-mannered, and a little temperamental. See, we don't share the same father. Of course that never bothered me, but my brother resents it deeply. Never felt like he belongs," Elijah looks up at her with twinkling eyes. "All told, he has a long history of getting himself into trouble."

 "And I'm guessing you have a long history of getting him out of it," She observes with a small smile.

Elijah smiles with a nod as Alexandria sighs, "You bet it."