Chapter 28

Hey guys! Sorry that I have not updated in awhile. I have been busy lately and I will try to get back on track and update more.

Kol's arms were around Elijah and I as we carried him. We kept him from falling as his feet dragged behind us.

"Here, set him down on his bed," Elijah said, nodding his head towards the dark bed.

I rolled my eyes, "Oh really? I was gonna drop him on the floor."

We tossed him onto the bed. I watched as Kol laid lifelessly. He looked so calm and peaceful. For once, he did not have that devilish smirk plastered onto his lips which I badly wanted to--

"Alexandria, are you coming?" Elijah's voice cut off my thoughts.

I turn to him and hum, "Hm? Oh. Yeah."

"You can stay if you want," Elijah offered with a shrug.

I twirled back towards the serene Kol and turned back towards Elijah, "Lijah, I think I'll stay back. I'll make sure he doesn't commit mass murder because of his snapped neck."

He nodded his head with a grin, "Of course. Out of everyone, you are the one who can keep him the calmest, but also the wildest."

"Thanks, Lijah," I said with a small smile. I watched as he silently left the room and shut the door behind him.

I turn back to Kol and an awkward feeling settled upon myself. I sat on the comfortable chair beside his bed. I placed my feet on the bed. All of a sudden, I grew tired. I looked out the window and saw the night sky with dazzling stars. I shut my eyes and figured I could take a nap as I waited for him to regain consciousness. Soon after, I fell asleep.

I awoke to the sound of groaning and moaning. My eyes darted open and I looked over to the bed. Kol sat up and rubbed his neck.

"You have no idea how many times my neck has been snapped this year," I said with a soft chuckle.

His eyes flashed over to me, "I did not expect you to be here."

I shrugged my shoulder, "Well, we couldn't have you going on a killing spree, now would we?"

"Oh please, darling, we both know you would love to join me," Kol said, sending a toothy grin as he sat up, wincing softly as he did so.

Rolling my eyes, I said, "I would but I do not want to piss off your mother, especially when she is doing me a favor."

"And what would that be?" He asked, raising an eyebrow at me.

I furrowed my eyebrows at him, "Working on getting my memories back, if you haven't forgotten, Kol."

He rolled his neck as shrugged, "You know, I have not seen my mother doing anything to get your memories back."

"Well, she has been busy. Coming back to life and throwing a ball is a lot of work. She'll work on it when she has a chance," I said, not feeling one hundred percent sure of my own words.

"Exandria, I feel as if we should remind her one more, you know, push a little more," Kol offered, pushing himself off the bed.

I shook my head softly, "Kol, your mother has a lot on her mind. I do not want to push it."

"Well I want to! You have to remember how you felt about me and how I felt about you. It is torture seeing you in the room and not being able to claim you as mine. And this is all Nik's fault!" Kol shouts as he comes up to me.

"You have no idea how much I want to remember! My memories were stolen from me and all I want right now is to have them back!" I yell back at him, stepping forward towards him.