Chapter 25

I had left the room with Rebekah. Klaus had shown me Rebekah's room beforehand so I took her to her bedroom. 

"Here it is," I said, pushing the door open.

  It was a gorgeous room, fit for a queen. The bed was large and elegant with dark wood and inky blue sheets. The dresser and wardrobe matched the design of the bed. Cute, girly things were scattered around the room.  

She rolled her eyes, "It's alright."

"What? It is perfect for you, Rebekah!" I shouted playfully, gaping at her.

"Nothing Nik gives me is perfect," She growled as she strolled into the room. 

I rolled my eyes and followed her, "When will you get over the fact that you were daggered? Your mother wants to be a family again. I don't think she will be happy aboutyou holding a grudge against poor, old Nikki"

She swiftly turned towards me with wild eyes and echoed my words, "When will I get over the fact that I was daggered? Alexandria, how can you say that right now?"

I fell onto her bed and shrugged, "He says he was protecting you."

"Just because Nik says he is protecting me, doesn't mean he actually is," Rebekah snarled, glaring at me. "Remember when Kol was daggered? You said you hated us for daggering him and ran away. I guess it is different because it is Kol."

"What's that supposed to mean?" I asked, narrowing my eyes at her.

Rebekah pointed an accusing finger at me, "Just because you love Kol, doesn't mean you can hate us for it whilst it is okay for me to be daggered."

I rolled my eyes at her, "I don't love Kol! Come on, Rebekah. You are the one who is making such a big deal of this so you shouldn't be joking around."

"Joking around? What are you talking about, Alexandria? I am being serious," Rebekah said, furrowing her eyebrows at me.

I paused for a moment, staring at her with a confused expression. I shook my head and smiled a little bit, "Rebekah, must we argue for the first minutes of seeing one another in hundreds of years?"

"Of course not, Alexandria, but what did you mean, you don't love Kol?" Rebekah asked, echoing my words.

"I don't love Kol. Where did that even come from?" I asked with a small chuckle.

Before Rebekah could respond, there was a bang from the other room. We shared a curious look and left her room, following the source. It was in the dining room where I had dinner with Klaus, Elijah, Stefan, and Damon. Finn and Elijah were stood, watching as Kol held Klaus against the wall.

"What did you do, Nik?" Kol asked, tightening his grip on his brother.

"Kol, stop!" I called out, stepping forwards but was held back by Rebekah. "Becks, what are you doing?"

She only shook her head softly, keeping her gaze on Kol and Klaus with careful eyes. I turned back to the pair.

"What do you mean?" Klaus asked with a tensed jaw.

"You know what I mean!" Kol yelled. "You were with Alexandria while we all were in coffins. I know she would have tried to get us back but she didn't. What did you do?"

Klaus stared before a grin broke out onto his face, "Wouldn't you like to know?"

Kol's gaze hardened and Klaus pushed Kol's arms off himself. Klaus turned to me with a grin, "Alexandria, do you love Kol?"

"No," I said, the words feeling forced. It felt as if I could not control what I was saying.

Something flashed across Kol's face but Klaus intervened, "Will you always take my side over anyone else's?"