Eight- Defender

Damon and I fell hard and fast over the next two weeks. I'm not sure why or how but I know that I'm crazy about him and the way he looks at me and kisses the sense out of me, I know he's crazy about me too. We didn't need to stop or slow down for anything or anyone. We never stopped to question what we were or what other people thought of us.

All that I cared about was Damon's lips on mine and his hand in mine and his eyes on mine.

"What are you thinking about?"

"Us," I roll over and rest my head on Damon's chest. We chose to spend the day outside because I love to be outside and Damon loves to be where I am.

Damon leans against a large oak tree and I fit perfectly into his side. My shoulder is warm where he rests his arm, right where it belongs.

"What about us?" Damon questions and brushes my hair out of my eyes.

"About how we don't care what anyone else thinks of us," I know that would please him. He's told me before that he doesn't care what the pack thinks and that he just wants to be with me. My heart pounds at the memory.

I peer up at Damon's handsome sharp face and find the smile that I've grown to love.

"For a dumb blonde you're actually kind of smart," I sit up and pull away from Damon's arm after his confession.

"You shouldn't make such assumptions," I narrow my eyes and hide the laughter that dares to burst out. I'm always laughing around Damon.

"Oh come on, everyone thought you were a dumb blonde, it wasn't just me." Damon hold his hands up in surrender and he searches me face in confusion.

"And that's the way it should be. Don't go around telling all those low life's that I'm smart or they might actually want to talk to me and then what will I do? Have to talk back? I don't think so," I let the laughter slip and Damon quickly catches on to my game.

"Alright Smarty Pants, whatever you say."

"Shut up!" I swat at his chest and then rise to my feet.

I extend my hand down to Damon and he engulfs it in his larger one.

"Did you just tell me to shut up?" He questions as he rises to his feet and towers over me.

"I'm not scared of you," I put my hands on my hips and stick my tongue out.

"I can fix that," Damon wraps his arms around me and throws me over his shoulder.

"Hey!" I shout and kick my legs out though I know it pointless.

Damon starts taking us back towards the pack house, "you should be quiet or you'll draw attention to yourself."

I'm quiet for a moment before and idea crosses my mind.

I start screaming.

Damon puts me down immediately and grips my shoulders hard, "what the hell!"

I take the opportunity to run while I still have the upper hand of surprise. I turn away from the pack house—I don't want to go back to that place—and I run in the direction of the woods.

Thank god I wore shorts and not a skirt or dress today.

Damon is on my heels but I phase as soon as I hit the tree line. I tear my clothes but it was just a low cut v-neck and a pair of short shorts so it's not like I don't have a thousand replacements.

My blonde fur streaks between trees and bushes. I can hear Damon's paws catching up to me but I keep running.

When I collide with something hard and warm I let it pin me to the ground.