I followed the cheetahs for five minutes until we slowed down by the entrance of a cave. Soft vines entwined in the entrance, preventing us from passing; I watched it curiously as we slowed down. James shifted back to his human form and walked past everyone towards the cave; he stopped in front of it and spoke.

“Open up, Adrian”

Everyone shifted as the vines untangled themselves to reveal the entrance. James and I met eyes as he turned to tell us to follow him. Darkness surrounded us once we entered but soon faded as we kept on walking, the rays of the sun replacing it. James stopped walking and turned towards me as the vines from the end of the cave started to open.

“You have been warned, but not welcomed, so...” He smiled a little, I allowed myself to smile at him. 

“Welcome to our territory” And the vines opened fully.

My lips parted slightly. Tears stung in my eyes. My beasts yowled and growled in happiness. My animal side begged me to go and run carelessly with my race. My Alpha side begged me to go and claim what was ours.

But I held back; choosing to just see my territory instead.

The forest in front of us was nothing compared to the one outside, this one was greener and with more fauna. Little children ran, chased and played tag through the trees and the grass. Some felines were training in their animal form and some in their human. Some were running and some were hunting at the distance. Mothers watched their children play. Fathers trained and hunted for their families. But most important, my race was together.

Happiness and pride filled my eyes, and I didn’t hold it back, I couldn’t. Because it was something I wanted to show; I want everyone to know that I am proud, that I am happy to be part of this race. To be their true and rightful Alpha. To be part of the family of the Felines.

“Kane!” A mother yelled at the distance. My beasts instantly came to the surface, the need of protecting our people coming at full force. But as quickly as it came, it vanished in mere seconds as I felt a little tug in my leg. I looked down and it took all my will not to melt of happiness right there.

I picked up the little panther that tried to climb my leg and petted his head, I smiled when he purred and leaned in to my touch. He snuggled closer to me, nuzzling his head in the crook of my neck, and purred in delight. I chuckled and caressed his fur, taking special attention to the spot behind his ear. 

“How do you that?” I turned my head towards a beautiful brown haired woman, who looked to be in her late thirties, with striking caramel eyes. I gave her a confused look and started to pet the little panther once more since he started to climb on top of my head.

“Do what ma’am?” I looked at her once the little panther calmed down enough and saw the admiration and curiosity in her eyes.

“His father was an Alpha, he does not let anyone touch him, let alone caress him, but you are…” She trailed off. “How?” She asked, and only now did I manage to notice that I had quite a public, and I didn’t saw fear or hesitancy on their eyes. No, I saw admiration and curiosity. And it made my heart flutter in happiness.

“I don’t know ma’am, he came towards me” She looked at me with awe and nodded. We stayed like that for a while; me petting little Kane and my people staring at me with curiosity and awe, even James.

“Okay, little Kane, it’s time for you to go with this lovely lady over here” Kane growled and snuggled closer, burying his head in my neck, softly tickling my sweet spot. I giggled when he licked at it. I looked at the lady and smiled at her as I tried to free myself from little Kane. She caught the message and got closer to help me get free of little Kane. But Kane had other ideas as he hissed at the lady; she widened her eyes and backed up.

“Kane” I spoke sternly as I tried to free myself from him without hurting him in the process. “Kane, let go” My voice held the authority I was born with, so he had to let go but he didn’t, not without licking my cheek one last time. I placed him on the ground and looked around, only to find everyone looking at me with curious eyes.

“My apologies for the wasted time, he was too cute to resist” I smiled at him when he purred and rubbed his body in my right leg. “James, shall we continue?” I motioned for him to continue and he nodded, giving one last look at me and little Kane, he began to walk.

“You can stay guys, they mean no harm” James looked at me as he said so and I smiled at him. The others walked away and once we were alone, we started walking again, with little Kane right beside me.

I watched in amazement as we passed little cabins, all of them made of wood. But I watched with fascinated eyes once we reached the main house or mansion in this case. It was a big soft brown colored Victorian style mansion, with three floors, the mansion looked really beautiful. We kept on walking and entered.

The inside was just as beautiful and amazing as the outside. Everything was beautifully decorated; there were pictures everywhere, pictures of my people, of my race. The chandelier above us was gorgeous, the stairs towards the two floors above were fascinating and the pictures of our ancestors, of the people I met, were incredible.

“This way” James voice bought me back from my thoughts. We passed the living room, decorated with a TV, leather couches, pictures and many interesting things. We went up the stairs and passed through the hallways full of rooms for my people, until we reached the other set of stairs. We climbed them too.

“This floor is for the Alpha, betas and third’s in command” James spoke. We nodded as we made our way towards a big set of white double doors. Little Kane was already nuzzled in the crook of my neck when we reached them, and I was getting nervous but excited. I was going to meet the one who had been taking care of my race, of my family.

“Here we are” James said as he knocked on the double doors. “I’ll leave you two alone so you can talk” He gave me one last look before walking away.

“Agrona” I turned towards Lucifer, his deep blue eyes looking right back at my silver ones. “I will go to heaven so you can be alone with your race” He spoke softly. I smiled and nodded.

“Thank you, Lucifer” I smiled, he nodded as his body started to slowly vanish in the air.

“No problem, I’ll see you in heaven” I nodded as he vanished completely. I turned my head towards the door as they creaked open.

“Here goes nothing, little Kane…” I softly whispered as I started to walk. 

------------------

What did you think? Like it, love it, hate it? Tell me:) 

Follow me on twitter;)      https://twitter.com/Lauraelena1234

Oh, I also wanted to thank every single one of you. Because not only are you reading this book, no, you are giving me hope. Hope that this book is good, that I am a good writer, that I can make possible anything I propose. So, thank you. 

Thank you for giving this book a chance. Thank you for giving me a chance. 

Vote, comment, follow:) Lots of love my sweeties.             -Laura.