Seeing his lack of reaction, I get up from my chair and take a few steps closer to him. His back was now facing me, his body faced the window as he leaned on the frame of it.

I place my hand on his shoulder, running my palm from it, down his whole back. I feel him relaxing at my touch and his head turned to face me a little more.

"Are you scared?" I whisper, in an amused tone.

"Of what?" He answers back with a question of his own, now fully turning to face me. I never leave my hand off his body, now keeping it firmly against his chest.

"You tell me." I reach for his face with that same hand. "Are you afraid of me leaving? Wanting Garrett instead of you? Because that would never happen." I assure him.

As a response, he grins at me. It was another one of those gestures I didn't understand because it could mean absolutely anything coming from him. Usually it didn't mean anything good.

"That's not a worry of mine." He says in a husky whisper, leaning over my neck, and by my ear. "Because I know that he can't give you what I can." His hand reaches along my leg, and under the skirt of my dress, moving along my thigh.

"So confident." I mutter, keeping the direct eye contact we held, despite his face not being directly in level with mine.

"Who wouldn't be with the skills and body like mine?" As soon as those words leave his lips I evidently roll my eyes, to which he smirks at. "I'm only winding you up."

I loved how in such a short amount of time knowing him, we both knew what each of us hated or adored about one another. We connected on another level, and even though I knew it was because of the mate bond, it still impressed me how well fate paired us together - despite all those times I already wanted to kill him.

"But you'll have to admit that there is some truth to it." He sneakily adds, proving my above mentioned point.

His hands move to my waist, lifting me onto the desk, as he leans down slowly to kiss me. It was soft and gentle, and slowly built up to a little more rough. I gave in completely, allowing him to take full control of it. I didn't realise Daniel had a little more planned though, when he moves along to my jaw, and down to my neck.

This action made me instinctively tilt my head back fully, allowing him to continue attacking my neck with his mouth.

"I don't want you anywhere near Garrett though, until you're marked." He says, moving his face in level to mine to make eye contact with me.

I assumed I knew where this was going, and to be honest being marked by him slipped out of my mind. I'm sure it was on his constantly, but he must have stopped himself knowing I wouldn't want it, at least not yet. He waited long enough.

I could tell how serious he was, and his darker eyes added to the mild severity of the situation. It was something he was cautious about, just in case I didn't approve.

But I did, now at least, because I knew it was just one of the many processes of being mated to someone of a high rank. It's how things were - a way to let other males know there would be consequences from my mate if I was to be touched by them, not literally.

"Do it." I give my consent.

He seems unfazed but at the same time a little hesitant. I had a feeling he wasn't expecting me to give in so easily, but on the other hand was more than happy about it.