Chapter 32

I said no, I said no to me and him being mates. I had explained to him that it's to early. He had agreed and understood. But we are dating.

Right at the moment we are outside, him giving me piggyback rides around the lawn. I know that Shaw just died, but it made me understand that even for a immortal vampire life doesn't last forever.

"Whee!" I yelled and wanted to throw my hands up in air but you know, falling.

"To. Tired," he breathed out then collapsed onto the grass, me falling on him. I groaned and moved off him onto the soft grass. He slowly stood up. I started to make grass angels. Xander looked down at me.

"I'm sorry to say this but you should probably go home. Your mom thinks that you slept over at your friend's house. But she probably wants you back home about now," he said. I froze. I stood up and started to back up, growling.

"I'm not going back there. Not while he's there!" I snarled.

"I know he killed Shaw and he will pay for it. But at the moment you are in no danger of him attaching you because he thinks your human," he said calmly. "You staying here will just raise suspicion." I shook my head.

"I think he already knows, he tried to comfort me when he shot Shaw and I snarled at him and my eyes turned gold," I whispered, that's the thing I left out when I told him what happened. His eyes widened with fear.

"And he didn't hurt you? He just walked away?" He asked. I nodded. "Do you know why?"

"How the hell should I know why he didn't shoot me!" I exclaimed. Then he started to growl.

"He likes you!" He growled. My eyebrows pressed together in confusion.

"He doesn't like me. You must be mistaken," I told him, trying to convince myself not him.

"Why else wouldn't he shoot you," he said. He frowned.

"I guess he does like me," I murmured. I shrugged. "Well I guess he won't be trying to kill me now that I'm not in the way of him killing Shaw."

"But he might try to kiss you," he growled.

"Trust me if he tries to kiss me I'll bite him," I assured him. He doesn't seam to believe me. I frowned. "Don't you trust me?" He looked conflicted but then finally he sighed.

"Of course I trust you, it's him I don't trust," he said.

"I will be fine, my mom will want me home soon anyways," I told him.

"Okay, if you say so. Just be careful," he told me.

"It's okay, I will be fine," I assured him and peaked him on the lips. "Come on, you got to drive me home."

"Okay fine you say so," he said and took my hand. I followed him back into the house. I grabbed my sweater, phone and put on my shoes. We walked out the front door and got in his car. He started to drive.

********************************

Soon we arived at my house. It looks like mom is home, good.

"You want me to come in with you?" Xander asked.

"No thanks, I'm good," I said. "I'll see you later."

"Okay if say so. See you," he said and kissed me on the lips. I smiled and got out. I walked up to my front door and waved him good bye and he and drove away. I walked in to be greeted by the dogs.

"Hey puppies, how are you hm?" I asked them, even though I know they wouldn't answer. They wagged their tails as a answer. I smiled. I walked through the house, almost tripping over them several times. I finally got to the kitchen. Mom is writting stuff on a piece of paper, she looked up at me with a smile.

"Hi sweetie your back, I was so worried! You should have texted me or something about you staying over at your friend's house. Luckily your friend called me and told me," she said and gave me a hug.

"I'm sorry for not texting you, I should have," I apologized.

"It's okay, as long as your safe. I'm making a run to the store, you want me to get you anything?" She asked.

"Can you get me some chocolate, please," I pleaded and gave her puppy dog eyes.

"Okay, but just because you said please," she said. I hugged her tight.

"Thank you so much," I thanked her.

"No problem," she aid with a laugh. "I had better get on my way." I nodded. She gave me a goodbye kiss on the check and walked off towards the front door. I heard the door open and close. Then the car start and drive away.

For a second I thought the house is empty, that Adrian's not here. But I guess luck isn't on my side today. I smelled the sent of Adrian and before I knew it I was pinned against the wall by Adrian. He's holding a silver knife against my throat.

"Well hello to you to," I said calmly.

"What are you?" He sneared.

"If you must know, I'm a Lupus Meam," I growled.

"My dad told me he killed the last of your kind," he told me with confusion.

"Well apparently not. So what are you going to do now? Kill me?" I snarled. I moved my hand to his hand that's holding the knife. I pressed the knife against my skin, almost breaking the skin. It stings. I turned my eyes to gold. "This is me, the real me. Kill me. Go on ahead. You think all supernatural creatures are monster. So. Kill. Me. Kill the monster." His eyes are wide, his hands started to shake. I moved forward slowly, the knife close to breaking the skin.

"I- I can't. I won't. I- I can't kill you," he whispered and dropped the knife onto the ground. I bent down and picked up the knife. I studied it.

It looks like any normal knife exept it has the smell of silver. I looked back up at him. He took shaky steps backateps.

"My dad told me to kill him," he whispered.

"What?" I asked sharply.

"My dad told me that if I killed the vampire I would finally be a man," he told me. Then he laughed. "It's funny though, right after I killed Shaw he left for a job in the city and left me here."

"Why did you try to kill me then?" I asked, my arms crossed. Then he took another step towards me and gazed at my wrists.

"Why where you going to let me?" He asked softly.