Chapter 19

"Okay. So we must do something for your birthday," I said to Leo, streaching out the must part. He groaned, letting the book drop onto the table.

"Come on, let it go already. You have brought up this since I told you," he complained. "Can we please just focus on studying for your test. How about this, if you get a really good mark on your test, we can do whatever you want for my birthday. Deal?" He extended him hand for me to shake, I gladly did. I grinned.

"Deal," I agreed.

"Now back go work, your not going to get a good grade by not studying," he said sternly. I rolled my eyes and looked back down at the book in my hands.

********************************

I ran out of the class room, holding the test paper with the big fat A- and a grin on my face. Leo is leaning against one of the lockers, waiting for me. He looked over at me.

"So how did you do on you te-" he started to say but I cut him off. Without even thinking I wrapped my arms around his neck and kissed him on the lips. My racial thoughts serviced and I started to pull away but before I could he kissed me back and I stopped trying to pull away. After a minute I lost my breath and had to pull away.

My eyes widened when I realized what just happened. I removed my arms from his neck and I quickly moved back. My face is burning from the embarrassment. He looks bewildered and shocked.

"In guessing you got a good mark?" He asked, out of breath.

"I am so sorry, I shouldn't have done that, I wasn't thinking" I apologized quickly.

"No, no. It's okay. Trust me.... it's okay," he murmured, looking down at my lips again. Does he want to kiss me again? He looked back up to my eyes and I looked away. He awkwardly scratched the back of his neck. "So um what grade did you get?"

"An A-," I told him.

"So that means you decide what we do for my birthday," he said frowning.

"Oh come on, it won't be that bad," I assured him.

"Sure," he said sarcastically. I took his hand and led him down the hallway, out of the school and into the parking. We already have our bags with us so there is no reason to go to our lockers.

"You can drive right? Because this whole day is kinda relying on you having a car," I asked urgently.

"Don't worry I got you," he said and led me over to a old blue truck. I opened the passengers side door, does he ever lock his doors? He got in the drivers seat. "You don't have your driver's license, do you?"

"Um.... no," I answered him. He shrugged. He started the car and pulled out of the parking lot.

"So where We going?" He asked.

"It's a surprise," I told him.

"I'm the one driving, I kinda need to know," he told me with a chuckle. I frowned.

"Oh yeah, right," I said. So much for surprises I grumbled to myself. "Do you know how to get to the lazer tage place in the next town over?" His eyes lit up.

"We're playing lazer tag? I love that place!" He exclaimed like a little kid. I smiled.

"Yup the one and only," I said.

********************************

I gripped the seat, my eyes wide with fear. Leo laughed.

"Calm down, we're parked," he reassured me.

"You where going one hundred kilometers an hour!" I yelled and punched him on the shoulder. He let out a yelp and rubbed his shoulder.

"Sorry I just really wanted to get here fast," he apologized. I breathed out.

"It's fine, we didn't crash and die so that's the main point," I said, trying my best to reassure myself. He grinned. I got out and he did too. He started to run to the building. "Wait up!" I ran after him into the building.

Inside there is barely anyone, which is good because well I just don't like people. We walked up to a desk who has a girl behind it, apparently by her name tag her name is Jen. She looked up at me.

"You must be Ms. Nightshade, you and your friend gear up. There is a few other players in there, but that shouldn't be a problem. You have three hours, have fun," she said in a routine tone of voice.

She handed us both vests and guns. We put them on and followed her into a huge room. Everything is glowing in the dark, including our vests and guns. Jen walked out and closed the door behind her. Up beet music is playing and over it I can hear footsteps of over people.

I spun around to face Leo and shot him in the chest. The light blinked a couple of times then went out. He glared at me while I laughed. I turned around and ran deeper into the room, the floor is slopped. I hid around a wall that is randomly in the center of the wall. My heat it beating fast. I then smelled wet dog, Xander's here? I heard footsteps approaching and to answer my question Xander ran up to me.

"Hey, I thought I smelled you," he greeted. I raised a eyebrow.

"What a way to charm a girl," I said sarcastically.

"It is true though, werewolf remember," he reminded me and tapped his nose.

"True, true," I said.

"Look, I don't mind you being here in my territory but you should of asked first," he told me.

"Why should I have asked?" I asked.

"The supernatural world is very different from the human world. Before you enter another's pack territory you have to ask first. You could get into some serious trouble, not that I'm saying you can't protect yourself. There are lots of packs everywhere, some can be very suspicious of strangers, which is of course understandable," he told me.

"I'll remember that. I guess I have lots to learn eh," I said.

"Yeah but you'll do fine," he assured me. "So who are you here with?"

"Just a friend, for his birthday," I told him. He nodded.

"Well, have fun and I'll see you later," he said with a wave then ran off. I thought about shooting him on the back but knowing my shooting skills, it's not worth it.

I smelled Leo's familiar smell and before I knew it he ran around a corner and he shot me right in the chest. I frowned at him as he laughed his but off.