Chapter 27

"Okay everything is unpacked can I please go now?" I whined to mom. She rolled her eyes.

"Are you scared of manual labor or something?" She joked. "But yes you can go. Would you feed the dogs though? It's around their dinner time."

"Yeah sure," I said. I walked out of the guest bedroom, wait I guess it's Adrian's bedroom now. I first made myself a cup of tea then I walked into the kitchen and called the dogs in from the back yard. Collet, Willow and Pike came running into the kitchen. I must admit, hearing the sound of their nails again the floor is nice.

I dished out their food, apparently they eat raw dog food so I had to weigh it out, squash all of the hard pieces out so they don't puke it back up then serve it. Oh and boy does that meat smell delicious. I licked my lips as I watched them eat it up. In a few seconds it's gone.

"Wow you must have been hungry, or you just really like it," I chuckled. They ignored me and ran off through the house. Over their nails I heard footsteps approaching from behind me. I turned around, expecting it to be mom but it's Adrian.

"Your mom left to get some food for dinner," he informed me. I nodded.

"Okay," I said and sipped my tea. Hm, it's so good. Then I heard Adrian sigh.

"Listen, I know I should have said this before. But I'm sorry that I was ordering you not to spend time with Shaw. I'm not going to put it against you or try to stop you if you like him, or even date him," he said, I can tell he has a hard time saying it but it is sincere. I turned around with a sigh.

"Listen, he's my friend but I don't like him that way," I told him, and it's the truth. There may be a attraction between us but I think its only because he drank my blood and because of the bond between us. He smiled a bit.

"I wasn't expecting that but okay. We still friends?" He asked. I nodded slowly.

"Yes we are but friends don't order the other around like you did," I told him. He hung his head.

"I am sorry about that to, even with my dad being away all of the time I still picked up some bad habits from him," he apologized. Then I realized something, his dad is probably a hunter and wants Adrian to follow in his footsteps.

"It's okay, just don't be like that again and we won't have a problem," I told him. He nodded.

"Thank you," he thanked me. I nodded. "I really hope you don't mind me living here." I shrugged.

"It's fine, at least you don't have to move to the city. What does your dad do anyways?" I asked, trying to get him talking.

"Um it's kind of complicated," he said, scratching the back of his neck nervously. I raised a eyebrow.

"I do have all day," I said. He sighed.

"Do you really want to know?" He asked. I nodded. He pulled at his hair. "I'm not supposed to tell you."

"Please tell me," I said. He sighed.

"This may surprise you but supernatural are real, werewolfs, vampires, fairies and ghosts, it's all real," he told me slowly. I pretended to look surprised. In side I'm smiling though, I'm glad he trusted me enough to tell me.

"Wow.... I've heard of stuff like that but I never thought it was real," I lied. "But where do you fit into all of this?"

"There are also hunters that hunt down supernatural creatures, my dad is one of them as well as me," he told me. Then he narrowed his eyes at me suspiciously. "You don't seam to be surprised." My breath caught in my throat.

"Um well there is a lot of weird things out there that is unexplainable, I'm actually surprised I wasn't less surprised," I said nervously.

"Well I'm glad you deal with it so well," he said.

"So do you just go around hunting random supernatural creatures?" I asked, probably a bit harsher then I probably should have.

"Not exactly, usually we just hunt things when one kills a human or something," he said with a shug. A flicker of hope appeared in me but then it disappeared with his next words. "But what does it matter anyways, they're all monsters." I looked away from him, slowly shaking my head. I thought he was going to be different but I was wrong. I put my empty mug in the sink.

"What's wrong?" He asked and I heard him walked towards me. I turned around to see him standing only a few inches away from me.

"Nothing, everything is fine," I said with a fake smile. He moved closer to me and placed his hands on either side of me on the counter so I'm trapped. He looked from my eyes to my lips and back again. I can feel my wolf side coming to surface, and she does not like this. I can feel that the only person she wants to be like this with me is Xander. I mentally rolled my eyes at the thought. I pushed him back and moved out of his way.

"Not so fast," I said, coldly.

"Sorry, I just thought..." he dragged on.

"Well you obviously thought wrong, you can't just come here, apologize, tell me your life story and expect us to make out," I said calmly but sharp like knifes. I snorted when he didn't even try to say anything and I walked away.