Dementors

Taking a deep breath as she boarded the train, opened the cage's door and let Ichigo out for he didn't do very well in close spaces. { Just great,} came her mental note. Most of the compartments were full much to her discomfort. The strange smells that wafted up her nose was a mixture of girls' perfume, cologne, feathers, felines, rodents, and apparently toads. The slimy texture of the creature to her left seemed almost disgusting, however, never seeing such a being grew quite curious. The boy who held the amphibian seemed quite taken a back as she approached, making her pause in her tracks. Eyes soft and kind, Leiah had opened her mouth to speak when a loud mouthed platinum blond shoved his way past through making her bump the other lad with the toad making it jump out at a girl across from him who screamed.

"Sorry!" Leia prompted apologetically wide eyed.

" Watch it you filthy-" the taller boy just paused as his eyes met that of a girl he had never seen on board the train before. Her eyes.. Seemed to draw his in.. Gentle features were hidden under a lock of hair, and a long dark forest green cloak. She seemed vaguely familiar though, and it bothered him.

Neville felt quite awkward as he lay inbetween what seemed like two Slytherin lovers, the way the girl glared into the other's eyes and the way Draco stood dumbfounded seemed as if they had a little feud of jealousy of sorts. This new girl also ignored the pretense of the other Slytherin fae making the air all the more tense. His eyes quickly searched for his pet which seemed to make itself comfortable atop a girl who he'd known as Stephi from nursery school.

Poor Stephanie, the brunette who had been jumped by a toad was completely ignored. Waves of goosebumps rose up her spine as she slowly reached for her head to try to pry it out of her head.

"Croak"

" AHHHHHHH" came the shrill squeal.

The tension seemed to have been erased all at once, " Watch it!" Draco placed a protective had across Leia's chest much to her surprise, and pointed his wand at the speeding blob; prepared to curse the terrified creature.

" NO!" came the panicked Neville who was shoved into the wall by a smirking Crab. " UMF!"

" Neville!!" Stephanie rushed to his side and attempted to help him to his feet.

~*~

"I wonder what's going on," came the curious inquisition of Ginny Weasley.

George and Fred exchanged looks the moment they heard Draco shout out what seemed to be a hostile spell; though with all the ruckus it could've as well been some sort of charm- the noise had drowned out all evidence of distinction after all.

" Where do you think you two are going?" Percy threw the departing duo who ignored his question. Turning to his youngest sister glared, "No."

"But Percy.." pleaded the younger girl.

" I said no and that's final!" The lad announced.

Pouting, Ginny huffed, " Just because you became Head Boy doesn't mean you have to get all nasty about it." Within a blink of an eye the whole compartment shuddered, making her gasp, " Percy!"

" I'm here Gin, relax, I'm here," he reassured- narrowed eyes pointing at the sliding door to which drew in a frosty glaze. " This can't..be good.." He pulled his younger sister into a securing hug and turned her eyes away from the glass pane where a skeletal hand had left a frozen imprint. Darkness..that's all he could feel..no hope..no love..just numbness..