He looked at me, perplexed. "Serious?"

"Yeah."

"Fuck. I had no idea."

"Me either," I sigh, taking my bottom lip in between my teeth. "I'm not saying we should jump in and forgive him, but he's going through some stuff and honestly, he doesn't have the close family around him, like we do."

He leans forward so that his forearms rested on his thighs. He rubs his hands roughly across his face.

"Alright. I'll try to back off."

"Okay," I say weakly.

"You're not, like, falling for him again, are you?"

"No," I murmur softly. "I don't ever want to be involved with him again."

"Good. He will only hurt you."

"I know."

"I saw his dad the other day, when I was down town with The Boys. He was with some woman. It looked like they were together." he says after a few moments.

"Really? That's good. Isn't it?"

"Mm," he mumbles, looking like he is deep in thought. "Anything else you wanna' talk about?"

As he meets my eyes, I find myself shrinking back into my pillows, trying to figure out whether his tone is accusing or not.

"I don't think so."

His eyes stay on mine for a few moments, before he finally looks away, nodding. "Okay, cool. I'm going out tonight."

"Where are you going?"

"I'm going out with Becca, we're going to the movies."

"The owner of the bra I found in your car?" I ask. "I thought she wasn't 'getting a piece of this', again?"

"No, that was Tiana. Keep up." he replies with a devilish grin.

"It's hard to!" I protest. "Is she the blonde girl you were with at Wesley's?"

"That's the one."

"I thought you were a 'casual' guy?" I ask, quoting him. "You don't usually take your hook up out on a date."

"She's hot and I'm bored."

"I call bullshit," I announce, pointing my spoon at him. "You like her."

"Do not!"

"Do so!" I argue back, grinning triumphly.

"Whatever helps you sleep at night, baby sister."

"I'm not your baby sister," I say with an eye roll, annoyed at that he always calls me that, when he's literally only minutes older.

He grins again, flashing his perfectly white, straight teeth. "Alec is coming over later to grab my football. If he plays the Xbox, can you make sure he doesn't mess with my profile again?"

I try not to perk up at the mention of Alec. "I can try, no promises."

With a salute, he exits my room and I press play. I sink into my bed, hugging my pillow to my chest. I hardly focus on the T.V as my mind keeps wandering back to the scene with Miles today.

He looked so tortured and heartbroken, but at the same time, dished out some razor-sharp insults at me, when I mentioned that night. He admitted that he knew I was waiting but didn't care while he had sex with another girl.

I'm so confused with his intentions and what he wants from me.

It almost made it seem like he wanted to date me...? Or at least give "us", a second chance? The Miles Carter I once knew, never dated.