Chapter Ten

-----------------------

Dedication: Blowmeakiss for the awesome cover! Thank you!

Recap:

I turn my head so that my right cheek is pressed against his chest. I let him hug me, as I try to pull myself together. He rubbed my back soothingly. I blink wearily as I see Miles appear at the end of the hallway. He took in the sight of me, in Alec's arms.

A look of pure fury passed his face as he turned his back to me, walking away.

I should have known not to get anywhere near Miles again.

He's bad news.

-----------------------

I sit in bed, my legs folded beneath me as I continue to binge-watch Netflix, a jar of Nutella perched in my hands.

"Why did you leave school?" Finn bursts through my door, placing his hands on his hips, looking down his nose at me.

I pause my show, flicking my eyes to his. I lick my spoon clean as I shrug.

"Felt sick."

"Bullshit. Something happened with Bentley, didn't it? Or Miles? Since when are there so many guys in your life?"

"Breathe before you give yourself a hernia." I laugh, quirking an eyebrow at him. "And no, I'm allowed to feel like shit sometimes and skip school."

"Physically or mentally?" he asks me skeptically.

"Bit of both, I guess." It is half true.

He sits on the end of the bed, watching me. "What's wrong?"

"I can't talk to you about it," I admit honestly. "You won't get it."

"Try me."

I let out a sigh. "It's about Miles."

"Here we go," he replies, throwing his hands up in the air. "What now?"

I let out an annoyed groan. "See? I feel like I can't talk to you about anything anymore. You don't understand or even try to."

His face transforms into a look of hurt, straight away. "Ouch."

"Sorry, I'm being honest."

He raises his eyebrows. "Okay, fine. Tell me."

"Don't interrupt and get all pissy."

"I'll try not to," he frowns, not appreciating my choice of words.

"Miles was talking to Ashley - Dr Byrnes - this morning. She told me, off the grid, that he's going through a really hard time and then I found out his mum overdosed. That's why he moved back here." I inhale quickly. "Finn, she died."