Chapter Four

Cover made by Dysanic.

--------------------

Dedication: BlowMeAKiss for reading this story, even though you only read completed ones and for your nice comment on the last chapter! Thank you! :-)

Recap:

I stood there a little longer, wondering how he got my number so fast. I guess a few people had it. If it was one of Finn's friend, he would skin them alive. Unless it was one of my friends...

Letting out a steadying breath, I emerged from the bathroom, plastering a fake smile onto my face.

I'm going to pretend I'm okay otherwise my family will fall apart and I cannot live through that again.

--------------------

"You have your own bathroom."

"But I like to harass you," Finn replies with a grin, tooth paste running down his chin.

"Of course you do," I sigh, running the straightener over my hair one last time.

I have decided to wear it down today. Subconsciously, I know it's because Miles used to always say he loved my dark hair. He often ran his fingers through it when we were lying in bed. He would say that I was beautiful...

"I don't think that piece of hair is going to get any straighter," he tells me, his voice muffled as he continues to brush his teeth.

Scowling at him, I switch off the straightener. I walk into my room, shrugging my jacket over my shoulder and then flicking my hair out, so that it doesn't get stuck underneath and end up a fuzz ball before I leave the house. I spray some perfume on my wrists and neck, before swinging my bag onto my shoulder.

"Okay, I'm ready now."

"Finally," Finn groans, even though he only got up twenty minutes ago. It amazes me how he can roll out of bed, shower and then be magically ready. I take three times longer, because of my hair, make up and then I get distracted scrolling through Instagram...

I follow him down the hallway. Mum has already left, she always goes in early to prepare the classroom. She's super dedicated to her job, often staying up late hours of the night decorating things for their activities and whatnot. She's a real kid person - when she lost the baby, which was one of the last connections we had to dad - I honestly think a part of her died. She had always said she wanted a big family but after they had the two of us, they tried and tried for another kid, but were unsuccessful. That's why when mum finally did fall pregnant, it was a pretty big deal, only to lose the baby right after we lost dad. It was really hard on her.

But she bounced back. We all did. It took time, but we did it. I can't help but think Miles' return, may affect us all, though.

Both Finn and myself had our own cars, but he insists on driving his every day, because it's much "cooler", even though we have the exact same car. We both had 2013 Mitsubishi Lancer's. Mine is electric blue, his a striking black. I must admit, he has put some good mods on it. His windows are darker, his car is lower, his car is louder, his speakers are better, his seats are... Okay, fine, his car is slightly, a bit cooler.