"Mom?" I ask. "What about my school? I missed more than four weeks of school. School is already over if today is my birthday." I start to worry over all the incomplete assignments and tests I missed.

"It's fine. I talked to your teachers and the principal." She pats my head. "Now, go enjoy your time with your friends while I chat with the old folks. Happy birthday sweetie. We will open your presents and eat your cake afterwards."

"Emma!" I turn my head towards the voice. Drake is waving at me at a table in the backyard. I'm considering whether or not to walk over there. I can see Drake sporting quite a bruise on his jaw. I feel kind of proud, but at the same time I am a little guilty. I decide to go join his table.

My eyes catch the decorations. Wow, they really decorated the yard. Lavender colored streamers decorate everywhere and there are tables and chairs to sit at. The tables are covered with lacy cream tablecloths topped by beautiful lilacs as the centerpieces.

"What do you want?" I say crisply. I still haven't forgiven him, especially because he still works for Zach. "Sorry about the jaw by the way..." I blurt out. It looks a lot worse closer, glowing a vivid purple and red color.

"Why aren't I covering it up?" He says what I'm thinking. "Or perhaps, why haven't I told Sunny?"

I only nod.

"My story is that I got into a fight with some dude, who has a killer right hook." He touches his face gently and looks at me. "You have one hell of a punch." I can't help but beam at his compliment.

"Thanks, I've been working on it." I shrug.

"Okay, we do need to talk." He says in a serious tone.

"Yeah, we do." I nod, just as serious. "But maybe some place less crowded?" I nod towards my house. There's a lot of people here, which surprises me since it's just another birthday party.

He agrees and we start to head towards the house. Of course, someone just comes over right as we stand up.

"Enjoying the party?" Tyler and Wayne swings an arm around Drake. Drake shoots me an apologetic smile and directs his attention towards him. I find this as a window of opportunity and leave him be. Though I would love to find what the hell is going on with Drake and Zach, another part of me is telling me to run away.

I end up finding the twins and Aaron at a table. We goof off for the next couple hours, gorging on food and celebrating like the obnoxious kids we are. I swear I went back into a coma, a food coma I mean. Mom totally catered every favorite food of mine. It was like a six star buffet. We had enough food for the fifty something people here.

I alternated between hanging with Alex and the rest of my friends. Alex isn't exactly well-liked. I have tried defending Alex, but to no avail.

"PRESENT TIME!" Sunny yells. The adults and older folks hang back while we go grab the gifts. My cousins and I are all hyper teenagers, except all of them are in college. I'm the youngest one in the family. We all dive for the presents.

"If you guys got me gag gifts again..." I grin at my cousins. They have the funniest and most amazing gifts ever, even if they are also the stupidest. I love them anyways! I mean my cousins of course.

They merely shrug and stare at me mischievously. Last time, Thomas, my oldest and craziest cousin, gave me some rather inappropriate gifts...which I had so much fun using them for pranking.

By the time I opened the last gift, I was buried under a pile of gift wrap. I think I opened up maybe fifty presents. It probably took an hour since everyone liked to "ooh" and "aah" at the gifts. I made sure to carry all my cousins's gifts to my room already.

I sigh and recline onto a chair near an empty table. I observe all the guests and friends. Everything is moving so smoothly and nice. Because it is, I can't help but feel like it's too good to be true. I may just be paranoid though. I feel like Zach would totally look forward in party crashing.

Speak of the devil, and he shall appear.

Zach is standing at the door.

What. the. hell.

___________

A/N

HEY! So I logged off from the Wattpad account even though in doing so it deleted all unsaved work. I rewrote the chapter. My app was malfunctioning since it wouldn't let me go into the "create" tab. I'm terribly sorry. thanks for waiting (: you guys are amazing! I'm so sorry anyways

Vote!

Comment!

Critique!!

Thanks <3