Bloody Mary

Bloody Mary lives up to her name, much to my pain and dismay. Round one was my loss. Now, I just need to win the next two.

That should be easy.

I say that with a heavy dose of sarcasm.

I almost did win round one, kind of. That's if you count me accidentally tripping the gal somehow. I do not know how I tripped her; it was a fluke. Yet, I managed to keep her down for five seconds! Otherwise, it was mostly me being barely one step ahead of her.

Whoop-dee-freaking-doo.

"Two out of bloody three rounds against this psycho..." I sigh as I lean against the ropes of the ring. I have less than a minute until round two, and I am already in a bad condition. I touch my side gently where Mary had gotten a roundhouse kick in. There is a ghastly bruise forming there, maybe my ribs are bruised? I do not know much about internal injuries, but external ones I do. I should have paid more attention when my dad taught me. Those kicks of hers are dangerous.

That is only one of many injuries. Let's not forget to mention the forehead and cheek cuts. I almost had my right eye blinded, but luckily it only clipped my forehead when I ducked, though it made a cut. Sweat and blood are pouring down my face. I am just so damn attractive right now... I am just hoping none of it affects my performance.

"Feeling tired already?" Zach whispers next to me, scaring the crap out of me. Who sneaks up on someone and whispers in her ear? Well, besides Zach. If I was not saving my energy, I would have yelled or punched him. He hands me a towel to wipe my face. By now I don't really care I accept towel gratefully.

"Of course not," I cross my arms.

"You sure you do not want to back out of the bet? At your word, this all ends."

"And Jason continues to come home beaten up and bloodied." I frown.

"You need to win two rounds of three. Your words."

"Let's make it one round?" I smile. I know, I know. I am changing the deal. I doubt he will agree, but who knows?

"You think you are in a position to change the deal? I have already agreed to the deal in the first place. Do not expect any more." With that, he turns around and leaves me alone with the bloodthirsty opponent.

Okay, I expected that as much. The bell signals the start of the next round.

"Well, here goes." I take a deep breath and watch Mary like a hawk.

"Ready to lose?" She cracks her neck at me, smirking.

"In your dreams." I shoot back. Lame, I know.

We play a little game of car and mouse. Scratch that, more like lion and mouse. Sadly, I'm the mouse. Then, she suddenly strikes out in yet another deadly roundhouse kick to my already injured side.

What a cheap shot! I block the kick though I can still feel the impact vibrating through my bones. Of course, I ignore the pain and try not to dwell on any other parts that hurt. At the same time, I aim a jab to her face. As expected, she blocks it swiftly, but I knee her in the abdomen with all my strength. She staggers momentarily, in which I am able to land a solid punch to her jaw. My knuckles will sure be black and blue from her metal jaw.

"How did that taste?" I say smugly. Yes, that was dirty. Hey, there ain't no rules except no weapons...and some other stuff. I got a hit in. I am going all out. I am inwardly rejoicing as I see her fall down. It also reassures me that she is still human, not some crazy steroid-pumped person.

The crowd goes silent. "One, two, three, four..." I silently whisper, each second seems like minutes. I am cut short as I feel myself lose balance as Mary does some crazy move that lifts me in the air temporarily and brings me crashing onto my back on the floor.