An Unexpected Surprise

Jason's POV

"Everybody did a great job tonight. Good game out there." I pat my teammates on their backs. I always said something encouraging after a game no matter what. It was habit and also because I was their captain. We walked into the locker room, hoping the Carriger guys hadn't taken it yet. It was just a fight waiting to be happening. Then, I remembered that there were two locker rooms and this one was normally unused.

"Hey," I tell my best buds, "I'm going to go change quickly. Then, we can go find Xannon." I know what Emmy warned me of doing. But that guy? He pissed me off. During the game, all we did was swap insults, blows, and comments. He started it.

"You sure you want to do that? You know what Coach said if you got into another fight.." Drake warns. Still, he would always have my back.

"That's why we won't get caught. Xannon just needs to be taught a little lesson." I smirk, itching for a fight. Sure, I had a wonderful family, life, and home. It's just that fighting gave me a sort of freedom. It felt thrilling. It was hard to describe. I never quite liked training at my Da's gym. There were too many rules, and I didn't like Da breathing down my neck. I knew it was dangerous, but I joined an underground fighting ring freshmen year, more like I was recruited. Sophomore year, Emmy found out when she recklessly followed me. I was beyond pissed. The ring was not meant for someone as innocent and fragile as her. I promised Emmy I wouldn't go back, but some promises are meant to be broken. I didn't go as frequently after, but I went whenever Boss called me to go. I was their best fighter, and if I quit, Boss would probably beat me black and blue.

I changed into a flannel hoodie and denim jeans. I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket as I got a text message. It was Emmy. She was going out with a friend for dinner. It was probably the twins or someone. As the guys and I went to the front, we spotted Xannon exiting the school. I think there was a girl waiting in the front for him. Oh well, I was looking for Xannon. 

"Isn't that Xannon?" John notices, catching the rest of their attention. "He's by himself."

"You guys head on back to my place. I'll meet you there." Since it was only Xannon, I was the only one needed. With five guys behind me, it might draw attention. I look around; there wasn't that many people around. Still, it was better to be careful.

They all shook their heads. "I got a bad feeling about this.." Drake mutters.

"I'm fine." I crack my knuckles and neck. "It's personal, just a thing between Xannon and me." Our rivalry started freshmen year. He "accidentally" gave me a fucking bloody nose. Let's say, I "accidentally" tripped him a couple times. I didn't know what the hell was his problem though. I didn't even know him much, only by reputation. Sophomore year, our school creamed them in the game. We ended up fighting after the game. We weren't caught, but Coach figured it out and punished us. There is always a heavy tension between the schools.

The guys saw the serious look in my eyes. They knew to back off. However, I knew one or two of them would stay behind and wait up. They left, leaving Drake, Tyler, and me.

We saw Xannon getting into his car. It was a nice car. I chuckled at the memory of the prank I did. The guys and I had saran wrapped and then sticky noted his car last year. His reaction was priceless. Then, I got annoyed. Xannon ended up spray painting my bike hot pink.

"Xannon!" I punched him in the jaw right when he looked my way. That was for him jumping me one time. He rubbed his jaw and leaned on the car. Damn, he had a hard jaw.

"HEY! WHAT'S YOUR PROBLEM!" The girl in the car ran out and in between us. 

Girls are so annoying sometimes. This is a fight between men. I glance down at her.