Some say that opposites attract, well that isn't the case with Jesse.

"Have you met up with Theo?" He asks me with an eyebrow raised, mischief glint in his eyes. I take another bite of my sandwich and shake my head.

"That guy is stupid for letting a fine woman wait." He says before taking a bite of his sub. I cover my mouth with a napkin before I speak.

"Well, he says he's only in for good time right now, no girlfriend. I understand, he never takes any woman out so I find it okay to be his dirty little secret." I try to make light of it.

"How about the guy with the converse?" He chuckles and takes a sip of his drink, I feel my cheeks heat up.

"His name's Ryan." I roll my eyes, he knows that. 

It's been a little over 3 months that I had a one night stand with a stranger who I think I'll never see again since I rushed him out of my house when the sun came up, I rushed him out so fast I forgot to ask for his number.

I loved the way he touched me, spoke to me, and fucked me. I wasn't sure what I wanted from him after because he was a total stranger so I rushed him out when he wanted to take me out for breakfast.

"I love that dreamy look you get when you think of him. I would too from what you told me what you guys did." I turn crimson everywhere, I don't answer him and we finish our lunch in comfortable silence.

I look at my watch and my eyes go wide.

"Shit, Jesse, we're late." We gather our stuff up and leave practically running. 

Jesse holds my hand to help me go faster since I'm holding him up with my heels. Jesse doesn't usually come with me to meetings, but since this one was right after lunch I had told him to come with me.

We walk into the conference room and Mr. Stone has his back to us, hands in his pockets looking out the glass wall window looking out to the city. Most likely saw Jesse and me running here.

"Sorry, we're late." I place my tablet on the table and straighten up as I take a few steps towards him. He turns around and his familiar green eyes stop me from getting closer to greet him.

Holy shit.

It's Ryan!

He seems surprised also, but recovers soon and smiles at me his heartwarming smile. He extends his hand for me to shake. I take it slowly.

"Pleasure to meet again, Ms. Gold." His deep voice brings back memories of that night. 

I pull away and grab my tablet.

"Ryan." I clear my throat, "Mr. Stone, please have a seat." I give Jesse a wide-eyed look and he puts his hand on my shoulder.

"I'll go get you some coffee, darling." He leaves the room and I look back at Ryan, he has an eyebrow raised.

"Well, now I know why you wanted me to leave so quickly." He tells me seriously. 

I cock my head to the side slightly, my eyebrows pinch together, not sure what he means.

"What do you mean, 'now you know'?" I ask him and he shakes his head.

"You have a boyfriend." He smirks, my eyes go wide.

"He-"

"I would have loved another night with you, but I'm not a fan of adultery." He simply says, which I'm shocked, my mouth parts a little and I don't know what to say.

"Do you love him?" He questions me seriously and I frown not sure how to answer that by letting him know there's nothing between me and Jesse.

"What?" I ask trying to make sense of this. "Of course I love him but-" before I can even say that I'm not in love with him. He interrupts once again.