achilles davenport

Start from the beginning

She slipped down to the ground and stuck her blade through the front door's lock, smiling in relief at the barely audible click. She swung the door open to see the two Avengers standing patiently.

"Well, it's about time."

The Assassin scoffed and let them through the door, a smile still visible on her face. "Like you could've done any better."

Chloe stood in the shadows and leaned on a pillar, watching Bucky slowly wake up. He rolled his head around, looked at his arm that was trapped in a device the teenager really didn't know what to call and met the eyes of the teenage Assassin.

She nodded to him and called to Same, who in turn called Steve. "Hey, Cap!"

Chloe saw the two jog in, letting her slip into the background. She heard Bucky groan, an ounce of pity sparking in her mind. No one should have to go through mind control; she couldn't imagine the aftertaste.

"Steve," Bucky called.

"Which Bucky am I talking to?"

"Your mom's name was Sarah." he chuckled. "You used to wear newspapers in your shoes."

Chloe smiled softly and watched as Steve slowly smiled. "Can't read that in a museum."

"Just like that, we're supposed to be cool?" Sam asked, still on guard.

Bucky's smile quickly turned into a grimace. "What did I do?"

"Enough."

"Oh, God," the trapped man sighed. "I knew this would happen. Everything HYDRA put inside me is still there. All he had to do was say the goddamn words."

"Who was he?" Chloe asked, her voice soft yet stern.

"I don't know."

"People are dead," Steve confessed. "The bombing, the setup... the doctor did all that just to get ten minutes with you. I need you to do better than "I don't know."

"Steve," Chloe warned. She knew the desperation of the situation, but the teenager knew how to handle situations like these, situations where the culprit was the victim.

Bucky paused, forming the words on his tongue. "He wanted to know about Siberia... where I was kept. He wanted to know exactly where."

"Why would he need to know that?"

"Because I'm not the only Winter Soldier."

Wincing slightly, Chloe tilted her head, her eyes filtered on the broken man. "Shocker."

"Chloe." Sam and Steve turned, giving her a look. She chuckled dryly, letting the conversation drift back to the three men. Chloe tuned out of the conversation and left the room. She didn't really want to hear about HYDRA. With HYDRA came Templars, and Chloe didn't want to hear if they played a part with the other Soldiers.

Plus, those five soldiers brought back bad memories. She really didn't want to bring those memories back.

However, Chloe forced herself to stay within hearing distance. If the Templars did play a part in HYDRA, she would have to know.

"Who were they?" Steve asked, his voice hard.

"Their most elite death squad," Bucky answered. "More kills than anyone in HYDRA history, and that was before the serum."

"They all turn out like you?" Sam questioned.

"Worse."

Chloe closed her eyes, forcing herself to stay calm. She didn't need to hear this. The memories started playing through her head, and her fists clenched through the pain.