Chapter Three: 1992

If you liked this chapter, please do vote, comment, and share. 

October 27th

October 27th

Sicily, Italy

"Are you a virgin?" he asked her on their wedding night

She looked at him from beneath her eyelashes. He was shirtless, beautiful, immortal. His torso was a canvas of memories, sacrifice, torture. She looked at him and she saw age, wisdom, maturity hidden from the outside world. They were not allowed to see him in this state, the real man, the raw man but as his wife she was.

Then she remembered the question "Are you a virgin?"  She was not but she was afraid to tell him, afraid to tell him of her impurity, but she had no choice but to tell the truth. This was their note di nozze, he was bound to discover the truth.

"No." she said, bravely, gracefully with authority. She was a princess now, bravery came with the package, it was required of her to hold her head above every other woman beside the queen.

"When?" He asked his wife, his beautiful, unwanted wife.

"Two years ago in high school." she replied.

He was standing before her now, body between her legs, hands in her hair, tugging it back, bringing her eyes to meet his. His lips touched her for the second time, rough against soft, sweet against bitter, malice against numbness. His fingers touched her, pressed into the skin, marked her, claimed her and laid her beneath their master. 

"Who?" Her husband asked. "Tell me his name" 

"Josh" She knew no 'Josh', she was not even sure that a Josh attended her high school but the truth was something that could never be spoken out loud. She knew better, for her sake, she knew better. 

"Did you enjoy it?" 

"No" This was no lie, she had not enjoyed her first time, nor her second nor the third. She had never enjoyed physical intimacy with another person. She never knew how.   

"You have three requests, what is your first?" 

She looked at him, hair sprawled out beneath her, dressed opened, body exposed. "I will decide later" she replied.

Then she felt him, in her, around her. She inhaled him, inhaled his drug, his poison, the numbness disappeared and in its place was euphoria. She floated, she levitated, she became.

He touched parts of her that she never knew existed, he drew sounds from her that should be illegal. He brought feelings to her bones, thought her the meaning of passion. He took her, he took her like he takes his padronas. 

She looked on as she stood before the window, naked as the day he was born. She watched him smoke his cigar, his back littered with scars, his ass red with blood, his neck bruised with her mark. She looked as the weight of his actions crashed down on her, he had no time to cuddle, to love her the way a man loves his wife after a night of passion; but then again she was not his wife, she was his padrona and he treated her as such. 

"The euphoria." She said, he turned in surprise. 

"What?"

"My first request is that you always give me that euphoria when you take me to bed."

He looked surprised, he looked amused but above all, he looked relieved. He now knows that she understood, that he will never love her, he could never love her. "You want me to give you an orgasm every time we have sex?" 

"Yes, that is my first request" 

Some may call it stupidity to waste one's wish, but she never saw it that way. She wanted the simple luxuries in life. She wanted to come when they have sex. If she could not have his vulnerability anywhere else, she wanted it in her bed, she wanted to feel something in his bed. 

She wanted the numbness to disappear for a few hours and she wanted to be his wife in those hours; not his padrona.