I go forward and sit on the floor feeling too humble to make use of the fancy furniture and quickly bring out the the things from baskets of silver and order them in a manner that would be frowned upon by perfectionists.

What I needed to prepare was a medicine to bring  down the temperature and one for infections just in case. And I get to work, the procedure followed from no manual, but pure instincts.

Not complicated in the least, the process was more of, 'Yeah this might work...mmmm, that can help too...wait those looks good...maybe a bit of that too.' And though knowing the oddity to such skills that never once failed me, I enjoyed it.

Sometime later, soundlessly the velvet curtains were opened from the other side and eyes of hellfire lowered their focus to a hardworking mortal wearing a smile of triumph and eyes like distant stars.

"Why are you willing to treat me?" His voice was deep, his tone serious and even in death my heart stopped beating for a split second before restarting with beats of stampeding horses.

"I want a reward." It was the reason for my forced calmness, the sanity that I was holding onto, a hope that kept me from trying to run away.

"What do you want?"

I wanted to go back home one last time. But I did not tell him outright.

"If I do cure you then I will ask for it and I am finally done." I unfold my crossed legs and stand up carefully holding onto bowl to keep it from spilling, each drop worth an hour and half of effort.

"It's very bitter." I warn knowing the taste myself and hold it out for him to take and curiously watch on as he brings it to his lips to surprisingly take only two gulps without a change of expression, without a crease in his beautiful face.

I close my mouth. "Doesn't it taste bitter, don't you have taste buds?" My nose crunch imagining its unpleasant taste and wonder how he could maintain such composture while most would throw a tantrum and drown half a kilogram of sugar.

"I chose not to taste it."

"Right." I turn away looking down to the floor as the curtains are drawn close before I could retrieve the empty bowl.

And I was vaguely aware of the mess I created but was too egoistic to admit I was a klutz when I hardly find space to let myself down amongst the residues of the former invention littered around without thought.

"Are you some mad scientist?" Like a silent breeze a blue eyed man appears leaning by the door and my heart surges in joy when meeting a friendly face.

"Will."

"Here, the water lily you asked for." He extends his hand holding the flower with a star like bloom by its slender stem and blue eyes wander to the plight of the green tainted floor and then trail to my hair.

"Thanks, this would help me with the bitter problem." I mumble and notice how he did not ask for permission as he entered, and was rather at ease in the room where every other trembled to take a step into.

And as I watch his hand raise to my hair and gently pulls away a tender bud caught between tangled strands.

"Thank you again."

I had finished conveying my gratitude when the same fingers suddenly rush to my hair thoroughly working to leave the ebony strands in disarray.

"Aaaah! You meanie!" I exclaim stepping away from the merciless claws and then he was gone the same way he came.

For a while I stared at where he formerly stood trying to figure out this peculiar blue eyed man but in the end didn't come up with reasonable guesses so I turn back to the bed to catch the god sit up with the curtains pulled up again at some unknown time.