Chapter 24: Cherry Blossoms

(Author's Note: BEWARE, this is probably the cheesiest chapter I've ever written. Enjoy!) 

Alicia’s P.O.V

It has been a week since I had that talk with Cam. Now that I was back on Magcon, everything went back to normal. Shawn and I still weren’t back together, but we were still good friends. He hasn’t made any moves on me lately, even though I actually wanted him to. Cam kept his word and continued to act normal, but that only made me worry more. He acted like nothing had happened. I didn't act different around him though, because that would make the situation more uncomfortable for the both of us.

My fans forgave me for leaving Magcon and were glad to see me back in the family. We assured them that everything was okay, but we still hadn’t told them whether Shawn and I were back together. Shawn and I didn’t act like a couple, but we didn’t act like we’d broken up either. Sometimes we’d just smile at each other. Sometimes our hands would touch, and I could still feel the fire. Sometimes we’d catch each others stares. I had to tell him, but I didn’t know when or how. I had been sitting on the couch in the lobby for about 30 minutes trying to figure out what to do about this situation. My gaze shifted to the gleam in Shawn’s eyes.

“Ali, come with me,” Shawn extended his hand, and I was so compelled to grab it, but I watched his hand instead. I had been so hesistant about giving into my feelings but of course, I had to give in. If it was Shawn Mendes, I always gave in. He flashed a smile that was meant to be cute, but ended up making me weak in the knees, “Come on, I don’t bite.”

His smile grew as I slowly moved my hand towards his. He extended his further and grabbed it. Dragging me into the parking lot, he shoved me into the passenger seat of a car, and got into the drivers seat. Shawn had been smiling to himself the entire way.

“Where are you taking me?” I asked. The area wasn’t familiar to me. Why is it that Shawn knew his way around the world?

“It’s a surprise,” He smirked.

“What’s up with you and surprises?” I stared at his jaw line, as he was driving. He only had one hand on the wheel. His other hand rested on his lap. I had an urge to hold his other hand, even though I couldn’t.

“Why? You don’t like them?” He had an eyebrow raised. I turned away, to look straight at the road before I answered.

“No...I love them,” I mumbled, refusing to look at his gaze. From the corner of my eye, I could see him grinning at me.

"Keep your eyes on the road,” I scolded. He immediately moved his eyes back to the road, but his hand slowly made its way on top of mine. My hand naturally went into his hand, and we held hands the rest of the way. There were no words, but we both knew we were comfortable.

The car finally stopped, and we were in some unknown location. Shawn quickly unbuckled his seatbelt, and motioned himself as if he was going on top of me.

“Shawn, what are you doing?” I asked trying to move away. He licked his lips, and continued to move closer to me. I didn’t know what to do, so I closed my eyes. I felt his face near mine, and his breaths were caressing my lips. I relaxed my face and prepared myself for what was going to happen next. I felt something being wrapped around me head, and I no longer felt his presence. I opened my eyes and it was pitch black. He blindfolded me!

“Shawn Mendes, you have a weird fetish for blindfolds,” I accused as I continued to touch the cloth on my eyes. He laughed out loud, and took my hand in his. He led me out of the car, and held my waist from behind as he led me to our destination. I liked the feeling of his hands on my waist. The air was fresh, and I could feel the breeze move through my hair.

When Shawn let go of my waist, I could still feel the imprints of his hands on my sides. I was still blindfolded, so when he let go of me it felt like he was completely gone. My heart ached at the thought, so I extended my arms out desperately trying to look for him. My hands wandered aimlessly until I found Shawn’s chest.  My fingers traced the creases of his collarbones. I worked my way up to his face, and caressed his cheeks. The blindfold began to loosen around my head. As it fell to the floor, I turned around to see where we were. He had taken me to a park filled with Cherry Blossom trees. I stuck my hand out and let the petals fall onto my palm.

“How did you know I loved cherry blossoms?” I asked astonished. The cherry blossoms were beautiful. It was like heaven.

“Jack gave me Liz’s number,” He admitted proudly. I had to thank them later.

“Ali, I know I’ve made a lot of mistakes, but I’ll do everything in my power to make it all up to you. You’ve made me the happiest person in the world just by looking at you. I spent two years with the wrong person, but it was worth it if it led me to you. That “where have you been all my life” feeling? I always feel that when I’m with you. I don’t care that your palms sweat, or that you drool in your sleep. I don’t care about your high pitched laugh, because I love it. I love it all. You could have a 6th toe for all I care. I’d love that too. I love you, Ali. I love everything about you. I hope you still feel the same about me, because I love you. I love you so much, Ali.

He was breathless, and his cheeks were flushed. I stared at him for a while. Shawn just told me he loved me under a cherry blossom tree. It was the perfect picture. This was everything I’ve dreamed of and more. He stood there biting his lip nervously. I breathed slowly before I responded.

“What was your question again? Whatever it was, yes. I want to get back together, Shawn.” He pulled me into an embrace. He wrapped his arms around me and it was like we never separated. Everything I said about forgetting about him, and being scared all faded away. It was always Shawn.

In the midst of our embrace, his grip around my waist loosened, and he moved back a little so we could face each other. He pulled my waist closer to him, and I had my arms around his neck. He leaned in, and my eyes drooped closed. He pressed his lips against mine, and I leaned back a little as he did this. His kiss had so much force, but so much longing. It was as if we had been separated for years. I missed this. I missed all of this.

We finally let go, and we just smiled at each other. He held his grip around my waist, and I let my hands roam his hair. He removed one hand to move my hair behind my ear. He pecked my lips a few more times before we started to walk back to the car.

On our way back, I took a vine of all the cherry blossoms and Shawn playing with the fallen petals. We even shared a kiss in the vine, and I posted it with full confidence. I didn’t care about the haters, or the antis, because this moment was all about Shawn and I. I looked at the first alert on my phone.

Revined by Cameron Dallas

I almost felt guilty for posting it the moment I saw his name, but I realized, Cam had always been our number one supporter. He was the one who gave me advice about Shawn, and he supported me throughout all of this. Shawn looked at my phone from behind me and frowned a little. I kissed his cheek in reassurance.

“You guys need to make up.” I ordered. They used to be such good friends, but after everything that happened, they started to become more distant. He looked away, and hesitated.

“Only for you, Ali” He sighed, and smiled.

_____________________________________________________________________________

Author's Note: Two more chapter's guys! 

Read, Vote, Comment!