Chapter 10: Misunderstanding

Alicia’s P.O.V

It’s been a few days since Shawn asked me to wait for him. I never answered him, but I did decide to wait for him. Julie arrived yesterday, and the only person thrilled to have her here was herself. Cam has been a big support to me, and whenever she’s around I need him near me otherwise, I’ll let my temper get the better of me. Our rehearsals are actually getting better. It’s probably because we both have an idea about how the other feels, but I don’t want anything to happen until he settles things between him and Julie. Bart decided to push back Magcon LA, and give us a break for a week. Which is great, because I was thinking about flying Liz over and having her come with us. I’ll call her later. Right now I have to focus on avoiding Julie as much as possible.

Shawn’s P.O.V

I’ve been trying to find the right time to break up with Julie. It was hard, and I mean, really hard. Like I said before, we have been together for almost two years. I know everything about her. I know exactly how she’s going to respond when it happens, and honestly, I was not looking forward to it. She had clung to me all day, and kept trying to make out with me on multiple occasions. My attempt at avoiding her kisses was nearly a fail, but I got through it. Weirdly, I felt like I was cheating on my feelings for Ali, if I kissed Julie.

We were currently at a starbucks near the hotel. I thought her tantrum might be less dramatic if we were in public. I sat us down on the couch in the back, so that no one could overhear us. Julie attempted to move her hand up my thigh, but I stopped it in its place.

“Julie, We need to talk.” I said seriously.

“About what, babe?” She answered without even an idea about what I was going to say.

“Julie, we’ve had a really good two years, and I believe that I was really happy, but-”

She interrupted, “SHAWN. Please don’t tell me you’re doing this. You cannot be-”

‘Let me finish.” Shawn ordered firmly, “I loved you, but I feel like we were starting to grow apart.  You were a big part of my life, and I appreciate all the time we spent together. I hope you can still think of me as a friend after this.”

“Shawn, please. You can’t do this!” She screeched. I guess I was wrong about the dramatic response, “I waited for you when you decided to leave Canada and go on tour with this stupid Fagcon group or whatever! Do you know who I had to reject just to stay faithful to you?!”

“Well, now you don’t have to reject them,” I replied. Her response stung. I didn’t have those feelings for her, but there was still a part of me that will always love her because she was my first love. I let her drone on and on about whatever. She could talk for hours. I guess she finally calmed down because she paused for moment. I guess she realized I wasn’t listening.

“Shawn, can I have one last kiss?” She pleaded, “I just need one last kiss, for closure. Shawn please.” I didn’t know how I felt about this, but I guess she was right about the closure. Just one more to finally end this relationship. I lifted up her chin, and leaned into her lips. There was no force, or pressure. This kiss really felt like the last one. We finally parted, and we smiled at each other.

“Thanks Shawn. You were a great boyfriend.” She hugged me one last time, and we went our separate ways. I'm starting to feel like she let this go a little too easily. 

Alicia’s P.O.V

Carter, Cam, and I decided to go to Starbucks together. Jack G. and I did a short duet, while Jack J beat boxed, and I owed them a drink. Cam and Carter just decided to tag along. What was it that Jack G. wanted? I called him, on the way there. As I opened the door, I finally looked up, and saw Shawn kissing Julie. I thought he was going to break up with her. What the hell? He asked me to wait for him. What is this? Why is this happening? I hung up on Jack G. mid sentence, and ran back to the hotel. It looks like Cam and Carter saw exactly what I saw and chased after me.

“Alicia! Wait!” Carter called out, and grabbed my arm. These damn tears wouldn’t stay in their damn place and kept leaving my eyes. I quickly wiped them away.

“It’s okay, guys. I’m fine. It’s not a big deal, they’re dating. I’m not with him, and he’s not mine, so this is totally fine.” I constantly kept repeating to make myself feel better. It became silent, and Carter looked at me with sympathy.

“You wanna make some vines?” Cam suggested. Of all the things he could have said.

I laughed, sniffled, and wiped all the tears away, “Let’s do it.”

*Later in the Day*

Cam angled his camera in front his face, “You got a bae?’ then he moved the camera to my face, and I continued, “Or naahh?!” We laughed at how ridiculous this vine was. We were sitting on the couch together, and making random vines. We even did one of me singing and Cam beatboxing. It was only us in his room, because the rest of the guys were at the pool, besides Shawn. He really did know how to make me feel better.

I held onto the button that starts the video, “Hey guys! I here with Cameron Dallas! and he is-” I felt a pair of lips peck my cheek. Blood immediately rushed to my checks, and eventually took over my entire face, “uhh..CAM!” I stopped the vine. I started watching it, and it was actually pretty funny, so I posted it anyway.

I put my hand on my cheek and gasped, “What was that for?!”

“I don’t know. I thought it’d be funny.” He shrugged, then he mumbled, “and I thought it would piss off, Shawn.”

“Well Shawn shouldn’t be mad anyway. He has no right to be.” I huffed. We continued making random vines together. We also watched ones that the rest of the group had made while they were at the pool. Jack and Jack had made a, “Swimming in a Pool: Expectation .vs. Reality”. It was really funny. As we watched vines on Cam’s phone, I didn’t notice how close we were until I looked up, and my cheek brushed his.

Suddenly a door opened, and it’s Shawn. Shawn sees us on the couch together, and jealousy overcomes his face. He stomps over, grabs my wrist, drags me to the room and closes the door.  Cam looked over us in shock, but didn’t stop Shawn from doing so. I've never seen him like this. I kinda liked it.

“Shawn! What the hell are you doing?” I yelled. I tried to reach around him to open the door, but he kept blocking me, “Let me out!”

“No! What are you doing with Cam anyway?!” He growled, then his voice softened, "Why did he kiss you in that vine?"

“That’s none of your business!” I argued, “Why are you even upset? You have Julie, for god sakes! We talked about this!”

Shawn’s face was calm, and he softly said, “I asked you to wait for me…”

“Don’t give me that bullshit. You can’t expect me to be with you, when you are obviously still with Julie!” I argued.

“That’s why I asked you to wait for me.” His voice never rose, even though I continued yelling. I calmed myself down a little bit.

“I saw you..” I whispered.

“What?” Shawn looked confused.

“I saw you at starbucks earlier…” I sighed, “…with Julie.”

_________________________________________________________

Author’s Note: I’m not proud of this chapter, but that’s okay, because better ones are to come.