Chapter 6: Send Her Home

Shawn’s P.O.V

Woah, that was a really good show. Ali’s performance was amazing. I already knew she was talented, but being able to perform with her was an honor. We ran off the stage together, and our hands were still together. As I watched her, my heart was beating faster. I didn’t expect her to look back at me, but suddenly, she pulled me into a hug. My arms automatically went around her waist, and my grasp became tighter and tighter. I buried my head in her shoulder, but for some reason that just wasn’t enough. I held her even tighter. She smelled amazing. What does she use? Why don’t all girls smell like this? I felt her loosen up a bit, that’s when I knew it was time to let go.

We just stared at each other. Am I supposed to be feeling this way? I can’t. I have a girlfriend. Julie and I have been fighting a lot lately. I don’t even know what we’re fighting about most of the time. Why was Ali looking at me like that? Was she thinking the same thing I was? Did she feel it too?

“Shawn!” Someone called. Within a second, I was tackled and I felt a tight grip around my waist. What the hell? “I’ve missed you so much! I’m sorry I missed your performance, but I’m sure it was great!”

What the hell was Julie doing here? She never came to my performances before. Thank God she didn’t watch the performance. Only God knows how possessive Julie can get. She finally let go of me.

“Julie? What are you doing here?” I blurted out. I finally looked at Ali, and saw a shocked but confused look on her face. Oh no. This is awkward. Wait,this shouldn’t be awkward. Ali and I are just friends.

“Ali, I want you to meet Julie Gardiner…my girlfriend.” I tried to sound a little happy about my girlfriend being here, but to be honest, I kinda wished she wasn’t.

“Hi, I’m Alicia Keen” She said nicely. I had spent enough time with Ali to know her facial expressions. That was the most artificial smile I have ever seen. Why did she have to force a smile so hard? Julie smiled back and Ali added, “Sorry, I have to go. I have to..uhh..run some errands.”

“Okay. I’ll see you later?” I asked hopefully. She smiled and nodded. My chest kind of hurt when I watched her leave. Why did I feel like chasing after her?

Alicia’s P.O.V

*After the magcon*

“Hey guys, let’s have a group dinner, on me!” Bart yelled to make sure the entire crew heard.

“YAAASSSS,” Nash imitated. Everyone laughed. We were all going to meet in the lobby at 7, so I still had time to go to my room and get ready since it was only 6. As I was walking towards the elevator, I saw Julie clung to Shawn’s side. Even though I don’t know what these feelings were, I still wanted to avoid them. Instead of taking the elevator, I walked towards the door to the stairs. On my way, someone grabbed my arm and stopped me before I could open the door.

“Where do you think you’re going?” Cam said with a charming smile.

“Does the label ‘stairwell’ give you any hints?” I answered harshly and with a whole lot of sarcasm.

“Oooh. I like em feisty.” He purred whilst rolling his tongue. I slapped his arm, and laughed. He followed me into the stairwell, and we walked up the steps together.

“That was disgusting, Cam. Please don’t do it again.” I pleaded while suppressing laughter.

“At least it made you smile, “ He winked at me. I guess this means, he knew I was upset about something, “God, my legs are killing me. What floor is your room?”