Chapter 12: Half a Heart

Alicia’s P.O.V

I woke up to the sun shining out of the window. Did yesterday really happen? I still don’t believe it. I push my face into the pillow and scream. My palms start to sweat as I think about last night. I bunch up my blanket, fall into my pillow, and exhale in complete happiness. I still couldn’t believe it.

“Shawn likes…me?” I asked myself out loud, and I smiled, “Shawn likes me.”

I thought that nothing could get in the way of what I was feeling today, until my phone rang.  I had a strong feeling that this was not going to be a good call. I look at the number, and it is unknown. I decided to answer it anyway.

“Hello?”

“Hey bitch, guess who?”

“Let me guess, it’s the slut who let the best guy in the world get away.” I smirked, because even Julie had to know that the last half of that sentence was completely true.

“Whatever. Meet me at Starbucks in an hour.” The call ended right away.

Uhh..what the hell was that all about? I took a shower, and put on some leggings, and a hoodie. I should probably tell Shawn about this, but it isn’t a big deal. I’ll just hear what she has to say and leave. There’s nothing that bitch can say to me that will phase me in any way.

I walk into starbucks, and the first person I see is Julie. She glares at me, and motions me over with a finger. That bitch. Do I look like a dog? I walk over anyway, and glare at her in return. I take a seat in front of her, and cross my legs.

“What do you want?” I fumed. I woke up too damn early for this. I am not about to waste my time.

“ I know it was you, slut.” She accused, “You were the one who made Shawn break up with me!”

“Did you ever think that maybe it was because of you?” I snorted.

“Of course not! Shawn always comes back to me. It’s been that way for two years, and it’s going to stay that way.” She crossed her arms, and licked her lips. I was done.

“I’m not taking anymore shit from you, Julie. Shawn is too good for you, and he has finally realized that. Whatever you’re thinking about doing, stop, because you’re only going to make yourself look more pathetic.” I stood from my chair and walked straight out. I know I acted confident in front of Julie, but honestly, I was pretty insecure. Shawn always comes back to me. Her voice kept echoing in my head. I walked back to the hotel thinking about all the worst case scenarios, but was interrupted by a hands waving in my face.

“Alicia..Aliciaaa.” Apparently, Matt and Carter were waving their hands in my face as an attempt to get my attention. I finally responded to their attempts and apologized.

“Where were you?” Matt asked, “We’ve been looking for you everywhere! You weren’t in your room earlier.”

“Yeah…Sorry about that, I went to Starbucks. I was craving a white mocha.” I lied.

“It’s all good! But Bart wants us to start getting ready for Magcon Los Angeles: Part 1, so we should probably go.” Carter advised. They both looked like they wanted to tell me something. Matt avoided eye contact, and Carter kept playing with his fingers.

“Guys? Where’s Shawn? I wanna see him before the show.” I blushed.

“He’s..uhh..not here right now, but you can probably find him later!” Carter began to push me towards the elevator doors, and Matt continued rambling, “You should probably go get ready and stuff. You wouldn’t wanna look like crap on a nice day like this.”