Chapter 1

It's been three days...

Three days of me sitting alone in the deepest dungeon of hell. The slightest of noise was enough to raise the hair at my back and for bile to rise in my throat from the threat of what, or moreover, who it could be.

Grim is forming a sheath on top of my skin, the feathers of my wings are slowly dusting up, giving them a charcoal tint.

I have cried enough, there are no more tears left in me to shed.

The worst of all is, I haven't seen him since he left me here. A part of my conscious blames me for being stuck here. He had offered me to come along him, to stay with him and be his, but the moral side of mine stood against it. Not wanting to be anywhere near him. Not after witnessing how cruelly he had killed my brothers in order to escape heaven with me being his captive.

The insults I threw at him did nothing but earn me a slap across my face before he grabbed me and flew down here, locking me in here with nothing but darkness.

How could he do this? He used to love me. But maybe that is in the past now, maybe he has forgotten our love and all he wants is to spite Father by taking me away from home.

I have discarded my coat long since, only wearing a shirt and trousers which are nearing to fall off with how torn they are.

My stomach growls in protest. Even though they did provide me with food, I refused to even touch it. I would rather die.

My eyes widen and search for the source when I hear footsteps nearing me. A metal door is opened and the fire torches light up around the small room I am in, making me flinch and shield my eyes with wings.

The footsteps stop in front of me and I feel someone touching my wings causing me to retreat further in the corner.

"It's just me, agápi mou."

Harry.

I unfurl my wings and stare up at him, his expression hardens as he looks at my cheek, the gash now sporting a hideous colour.

"Shouldn't have done that," he chastises himself and kneels in front of me, hand nearing my cheek to touch it but I flinch away, ducking my head. "This is what I don't like!" His voice roars and I stiffen with fear, I have never heard him screaming. He has never made me fear him, but it's not him, I remind myself. He has turned into a monster.

I clench my eyes shut when his fingers touch the bruise on my cheek. His touch is what makes me weak, it's still the same, so soft. It's as if we are back in time; me sitting on his lap as he touches me with care.

"Do you remember when you were mine? When you used to love my presence," his voice comes out in a whisper, almost begging, "When you used to love me."

I do remember everything.

I still love how we used to be, but I don't love him anymore.

"You know we promised to love each other forever. I am still holding on to my promise, agápi mou."

His words are messing up with my head.

I do remember our promise and did love him until three days back. But... do I still love him?

A pain shoots through my wings, making me snap my neck to the side and I get my answer. I have started to despise him, dislike the way he has become, the devil he has turned into.

One of my feathers turns to a grey shade before falling off and I can't help but let out a cry of pain. The pain is blinding. I never knew it would hurt this much when a feather falls off. I never even thought that I would break my promise and start losing the feathers on my wings.

Harry winds his arms around me, bringing me to his chest and rubbing my back, "It's alright, Lou. I understand why you hate me. I hate myself, too."

I try to push him off but he just tightens his hold.

"Let go off me!" I scream and finally succeed in getting his arms off of me. "You are a monster! It's your fault that I am hurting! I hate you!"

The pain surges through my entire back, making me fall forward on my arms. I gasp for air, trying to breathe, to get control of my body. I get a glimpse of my wings only to find out that most of the feathers have turned grey, the shooting pain increasing with each falling feather.

"Be grateful I haven't given you to anyone to punish you for disrespecting me," he pulls my hair to make me look at him, his fangs at display, even longer and menacing than before. "Let me tell you what. I can throw you away to my minions and they will make sure that you never try to disrespect me, that too if you return alive from there."

Fresh tears stream down my cheeks, and here I was thinking that I was done with crying.

"You're... hurting me," I croak out and feel him release his grip, his expression changing to that of realisation. And maybe I see a flicker of green in those immensely black eyes, but before I could register anything, everything goes black.

"Agápi mou!"