Chapter 15 +

Chapter 15

October- Senior

[Liam’s POV]

Things are better. I know they are. Niall has been a lot more himself and I enjoy seeing that. He smiles and is carefree again. I’ve missed this version of Niall so much. Whatever Louis told him a while ago must be working. Niall comes out with me and Loki when we go on our runs, even Niall usually just walks Loki while I go running, but it’s still nice he comes out with us.

I woke up to my alarm at 6:30 this morning and I knew it was time for me to get up and walk Loki. I tip toed out of my bed, but Loki was already up and ready.

“Hey boy. You ready to go?” I asked and he barked in excitement. I had to shush him because everyone in the house was still sleeping. But what can I say he was a super excited little guy.

“Alright, well go wake up Ni. Go on boy,” I said. I watched Loki sprint out of my room and nudge Niall’s door open. I waited on the edge of my bed as I slipped on my shoes and only looked up to see Niall holding Loki who was licking his face excitedly.

“I think you forgot this,” Niall said, his voice thick with sleep. He held Loki away from his face and towards me, but then Loki began to whine.

“Awww, Niall, the poor guy just wants a little attention!”

“Yeah well, when I’m awake, I’ll give him some,” Niall groaned as he gently placed Loki on the floor.

“Well since you’re up, you want to go with me to walk Loki?”

 Niall glared at me and then said, “Is that why you sent Loki into my room?”

“Whatever do you mean?” I asked as I feigned innocent.

“You know what I mean Liam James,” Niall said as he fell down on my bed face first.

“Well, Niall James, I believe I’m quite lost.”

“You’re an absolute wanker.”

“Love you too babe. Come on then, up and at ‘em,” I said as I patted his behind. Niall groaned, but pushed himself off of my bed and waddled into his room to change. I chuckled and strapped Loki’s collar on. I patted my dog on the head and murmured how he did a good job as Niall came sauntering back in.

“Ready?” He asked. I nodded and we walked to the front door together. There, we put Loki’s leash on and headed outside. It was a crisp morning and it felt nice out for an October morning. I smiled and began to walk with Niall and Loki. I enjoyed days like this. It was calming and no stress. We kind of just forgot about everything we had to do. I mean, we had already begun to apply to several Universities, so it was slightly surreal that we’d be graduating in about seven months. Where had time flown? I mean, Niall and I were about to celebrate our year anniversary in three months. It was funny how things work out, you know?

“What are you smiling about?” Niall asked as we walked down the sidewalk hand in hand. I hadn’t realized I was smiling on my exterior until he pointed it out. If anything my smile became slightly bigger as I looked over to the guy who had stolen my heart.

“Nothing much. Just, I think life is going great right now. Don’t you agree?”

“You’re a sap. But you’re cute so I’ll keep you around.”

I rolled my eyes at his ridiculousness not realizing how he makes my heart flutter even to this day. “Really? I’m the sap? Usually it’s you.”

“Nah, I’m the man in this relationship,” Niall said as he puffed out his chest a bit. I barked out a laugh and Niall playfully shoved me.

“Sorry babe, but you are just too darn adorable.”