1 The beginning

Mulai dari awal

"Do you understand now, Jungkook? You can only give your first kiss to the one you know will love you 'til the end. Is Mommy understood?"

"Yes, Mommy. " a 4-year-old Jungkook obediently replied.

💮

Several years have passed and Jungkook only grew up with that kind of commitment planted in his mind. During those 13 years, he lived a life full of security. Every single move he makes must be checked and every new person who would make friends with him must be properly investigated. You can say that our little bunny has not enough friends just because of the mistake his ancestor did in the past. His mom was overly protective. For decades, it has become a mission for the prince's descendants to warn their kids regarding the curse. As for Jungkook, well... here's how his story begins.

JJK POV

I can still remember the days when my Mom used to remind me of the curse. She would repeat the same words over and over again until my ears would bleed. I can't blame her since, if it weren't for my forefather who chose to toy around with other men or women just to satisfy his so called 'sexual needs', she wouldn't be so protective towards me. She, herself, is also a female descendant of our ancestor. She told me everything about the misfortune that the other descendants have experienced for a lifetime. Truly, it was far more terrifying than anything else in the universe and I'd rather not talk about it.

But, here I am, 17 and still not ready for the obstacles coming my way on my second year in high school.

You see, here's the thing. Back when I was still in pre-school, I've grown quite aware of the fact that my lips are the most vulnerable part of my body and should be strictly protected (according to my Mom). I was told to wear a mouth mask by the time I reached the age of 5. And that's when my life started going upside down. Since, I was then labeled as the 'mask kid' just because I'd wear one every single day in school. With that label name alone, bullies would go popping out anywhere, pouncing on my small figure just to shower me with tons of insults and teasing. At first, I was very depressed because it cost me to lose my friends but then I've recovered with the help of my mom.

So, here I am, in front of the principal's office, struggling to open the door's handle since both of my hands have busied themselves holding 3 thick major subject books. After quite a lot of attempts to open a door, I got to enter the office because of the fact that the principal's assistant heard rummaging outside the closed cream painted doors. She shot me a warm motherly smile and asked what brought me to the office. After telling her that I was a transfer student and I needed my schedule for the whole school year, she smiled once again and gestured me to go further in the room to face the principal herself. I bowed as a sign of thanks and quickly went to the direction she pointed.

"Good morning, Mrs. Go"

"Oh, good morning to you too. You must be Jeon Jungkook. Am I right?"

"Yes I am."

"Well then, here's your schedule and I do hope you get to have a good year here in the academy. I heard you were a top student in your previous school so, I'll be expecting a lot from my best friend's son. "

"You know my mom? "

"Of course I do, dear. Now, go go. I wouldn't want Jungkookie to miss Chemistry on the first day. "

She smiled warmly after our little chat before I thanked her and then I went out of the office.

I tried to find my locker in the sophomore's hallways while holding onto a light green post-it and an A4 sized paper containing my schedule. It was quite easy since the classes have just started and mostly all of the students have entered their rooms.