Prologue

Prologue

I was there, when my best friend, my light, my anchor, was crying, holding a folded flag in his tiny hands, he didn't exactly shed tears, even though he was only six years old. He didn't shed a single one, but I knew he was crying inside, his heart tearing apart. Instead he only clamped his teeth shut, his jaw hardened.

Six year old me can only hold on tighter into my mom's hand and tried my best, tried very hard, to be strong for the boy in front of me. Even though he never cried even though I pushed him into a tree, accidentally injuring him on the way, not even when I stole his favorite toy and lost it in the backyard in his house. He never got mad too, only stare at me for a moment and then sighed heavily. Shaking his head. 

He was matured, even when he was just five. Thinking like an adult. Unlike me, the reckless baby princess in the house, I tripped, a single hair out of line, I cried, if my dress was stained, I cried, but when I didn't meet my best friend for a day, I wailed like a banshee. Until my mom cave in and called his baby sitter to drop by in our house.

But now, seeing him so broken, so hurt that he couldn't even hold his tears, even in my young state of mind I knew how deeply injured he was. Why wouldn't he? He didn't have a father anymore, he was completely alone.

My mom pulled me to her side, to comfort me, but I didn't want to be comforted, even though my heart was breaking into pieces, I wanted to stand tall and proud. Like that little boy. So I pushed my mother away, because it was not fair for him to be alone while I am snuggling away with my mother, a mother he didn't even have. I have to be strong, for the both of us.

He clenched the flag tighter and stood proud, being strong. Too strong for a six year old. He should have cry, but I knew he won't. He was just that strong and brave.

The officer in front of him whispered something, but he just tightened his jaw harder and nodded stiffly. Sniffing a bit. The officer stood up and gave another speech, pulling my best friend beside him gently.

"Today, we buried another comrade, not because he lost in a war. No, but because he sacrificed himself, for his team. And because of this young man's father," the officer squeezed Jace's shoulder affectionally, "He prevented ten people from dying and leaving their family.

"To Alexander Mason. Our hero."  

That day I promised, I will be there for him, no matter what. I will stand by him. To be his shoulder to cry on, to be his shield, to be his protector, anything that he wanted me to be. I will be there for him, every run his legs may made. 

-----

VOTE SO I WILL UPDATE!

WHOOPADUPS NEW STORY BABY!!!!! This may be a short story. I can't wait to write this babyyyyyyy :'D