Just then, my phone buzzed. Taking my phone out of my pocket, a new message was notified on my screen. I unlocked my phone to read it.

Hannah Banana, you let me down. You mean everything to me. You're my friend. You're my heart. You're my soul. You're the one and only. I don't think I deserve to live without you. Hell, I can't even imagine a life without you in it. So, this is my goodbye to you.

Your true love.

My body froze upon reading that message. My breathing became unstable. My mind was trying to digest everything between the message and the unknown figure. It was somehow all connected.

"What is it?" Tinea asked, but I couldn't seem to form a sentence to reply to her.

Could it be him? No, it couldn't possibly be him. Dang! Why did he have to do something crazy like this? It wasn't like him to be out of his mind.

I kept shifting my gaze, somehow hoping it wasn't true.

His physical appearance and body language were all too familiar to not realize who he was. Tinea was right. He was indeed a dude and a familiar one too.

The crowd started to tense. Everyone was staring and mumbling to each other, a couple of OMGs flaming out. My adrenaline started to kick in when I saw nobody taking action. No one was going to save him.

"What a selfish world!" I muttered angrily.

"Wait!" Tinea shouted. I ignored her. I needed to get to him as fast as possible. This was entirely my fault.

I violently made my way through the crowd, shoving those who were blocking my path, not caring a bit if I hurt them.

It's him that I care about, not them, not even Tinea, whom I left behind.

I pushed the glass door, not giving a damn about the security guard and rushed inside the Maverick Empire building. I immediately turned right into the main lobby towards the staircase, running as fast as my legs could afford to. I dashed up some flights of stairs, not watching my step, and almost stumbled. After a few minutes, I reached the top of the building.

Finally, I made it. I was panting and sweating incredibly. I used the back of my palm to wipe away the sweat dripping down my face.

Breath in and breath out, Hannah. You are here to save him.

I halted to take a few deep breaths. I needed to calm myself in order to confront him. I turned my head around to find a silver door leading to the roof. On my left, there was a golden elevator. How stupid was I not to think there would be an elevator in this building? It would have saved me some time climbing up twenty stories!

Pushing past the roof access door, I sauntered outside and immediately felt the breeze on me. I shivered a little. My legs were aching terribly, but I still assembled my energy and composed myself.

I could see him clearly now. His black denim jeans and red shirt verified that. I stared at his back, inches from where I stood.

"A-Alex," I stuttered, placing my hands on my knees. I tried to catch my breath as the wariness from the previous adrenaline rush started to take over, but I still glanced up.

"Alex!" I shouted, panting heavily. He still didn't turn his head to peer at me.

My blood was pumping through my veins vigorously as my nervousness built. I slowly marched towards him. Grabbing his upper arm, I dragged him as far as I could from the edge of the building.

He turned around to face me when we were a good distance away. I stared into his bloodshot eyes, not blinking for a second. A wave of guilt washed over me.