CHAPTER 63: The Meeting

Hola, What do you think of the cover above? Hotter than the current one or not? Suggestions please.

CHAPTER 63: The Meeting

"Past is a word one shouldn't lean on."

Hannah Charles

I buried my head in the crook of his neck, inhaling his scent. The mild citrus aroma filled my nostrils. The fresh and clean soap fragrance reminded me of home. It calmed all of my senses.

I drew aside, dropping my feet on the ground. His ocean blues beamed as he stretched his jaws. He flashed his charming boyish grin. The same grin girls died for back in Dallas. My adoration for him strengthened. Hence, I spread my cheeks, awarding him a weak smile back.

For the sake of Jupiter, I crushed my quivering lips on his cheek to quash the sob welled in my throat. He deserved my entire affection for being my savior on such a brief notice. Just as I did that, Alex held my face and granted me a quick peck.

"I missed you, my Hannah Banana." His thumb swept a falling tear.

"I missed you more, Al." My voice cracked, sounding fragile.

"What happened?" His fists grasped my elbows, his gaze fixated on my bandages. "Did he hurt you?"

I glimpsed at the same direction, thinking everything.

Where should I start? Drake? The club? Being stuck in the ladies? Vienna? Or the screwdriver?

My silence tensed him. His gentle tone deepened into a broader rumble, "Did he lay a finger on you?"

My esophagus paralyzed for a second, I uttered no words. If only he savvied the fact. My eyes screwed shut to seize back the passion I went through as I imagined the places his fingers had probed.

He shook my arms, bringing me back from my brief reverie, "Did he, Hannah?" He loosened his grip on my arms to brush a hand through his handsome gelled hair. "Shit! I swear, if he did, I'd..."

I responded in a haste, "No, Al. He didn't."

"Then, how did you..."

I interrupted his sentence, "I'll tell you everything. But first, get me out of here, please."

"Come on, Han. Let's go."

I nodded and followed him to the wagon. Alex, being a gentle soul, he opened the door of his father's company car. I rambled into the radiant silver metallic vehicle. Alex roared the engine. The elegant Cadillac Escalade drove out of Robert's driveway. My feelings haunted my insides when I saw Robert standing on the porch, regarding my moves. Despite what transpired, I glowered back, masking any hints of insecurity until his shadow faded.