Chapter 27: The Incorrigible Prince

-Your hardness left me speechless. -

Hannah Charles

I eyed the woman in distaste as she flung her arms around Robert's neck. Enveloping him in a hug, Robert hugged her back. The woman pulled away to kiss him on his cheeks.

"Marie Antoinette, what a pleasant surprise! What are you doing here in America? I thought we were scheduled to meet in France," Robert said wiping the side of his cheeks with his palms. I guessed he was uncomfortable with her saliva.

"Ah Roubere, I'm here on Louis' behalf. My brother iz buzy wiz ze company. He kindly offered me hiz invitation to ze opening of Jared's Celebrity club." The heavy accented woman caressed Robert's muscular arm as she spoke. Her long manicure index finger trailed the length of his biceps and triceps down to his elbow. If I was a lion, I would have roar with disapproval. Unluckily, I wasn't.

Scanning her body, I immediately hated the way she dressed. Her front material was almost barren forming a V that went down to her belly button as well as her back. She was only covered fully below her hips to her mid tight. Her shimmering golden gown complimented her golden hair. She thrown her barely covered breast at Robert who was surprised to see her here. I didn't know why but I wanted to push her away from Robert. Maybe it was one of my bodyguard instincts to avoid him from such leeches.

Fully aware of the woman's body trying to provoke Robert's gaze, I wondered if she was the same woman who had sent the picture of her breasts to Robert. She seemed large almost the same size.

Freaking tarts! Why was I thinking of her breasts? I closed my eyes, trying to shake the picture out of my head. I realized I still hadn't informed Robert about the anonymous message. Maybe I shouldn't. I didn't like the thought of him looking at the picture. I should just keep quiet about it.

"Oh Well, good to finally meet you in person. Have the Americans been treating you well?" Robert asked, smiling gorgeously at her. I groaned looking at the both of them.

"Mais oui, zey are lovely people to mingle wiz," Marie Antoinette, as Robert called her sang in her nuisance girly tone.

Why was Robert being friendly to that accented leech? Who was she? A celebrity? A princess?

"That's Marie Antoinette, the famous French actress." My doubts were answered by Eleana.

"The French actress? How do you know?" I tilted my head. Eleana was holding my coffee and her martini in her other hand. Seeing her hand preoccupied, I stood up from the stool to relieve her burden. After I took my cup of mocha from her, I settled back on the stool -not the one beside the prince but a stool away from him. Eleana then sat herself in between me and the prince, placing her martini on the bar. Little did she know about the man beside her; the one who argued with her back in the parking lot, the one who pressed her against her or perhaps Jared's BMW.

"Because I'm half-French. So, I know. I saw her movies. She has very strong French accent." Eleana took a sipped of her martini, eyeing Robert and Marie Antoinette talking before she focused her attention back to me.

"You're French?" I asked in disbelieve.

"Half-French," she corrected. I almost puke seeing Marie Antoinette dragging Robert to the dance floor.

"Wow, that's cool. I never had a friend who's half-French." Now I knew why she didn't have pale skin like me. I admired the way she looked; pretty, sweet and friendly -unlike the incorrigible person beside her. He too was looking at Marie Antoinette and Robert, ignoring the both of us. Good.