Chapter 74: The Intruder

Chapter 74: The Intruder, Grand Ball part 3

"I'm lost between reality and idealism."

Hannah Charles

Frustration lingered within me. We watched them settled at a table across of us. Their sight never once left ours just as ours didn't. One of the guests dropped by to chat with them. This gave me the chance to escape. I pushed the back of my chair and stood up. "Eleana, I need to head to the ladies. Would you like to accompany me?"

Eleana's gaze was still fixed at him. She replied, "No. You go ahead."

I nodded and left her there to find my way to the ladies. I searched around for the latrine symbol until I spotted one blinking at the end of the hallway. Lucky me, no one occupied it at that moment. Mixed emotion filled within me as I stared at my own reflection. Of all places on earth, why did they have to be here? Why did Alex invite them? They intimidated the hell out of me. I had to try my best to avoid them. Tonight was about Alex and Alex only. I entered the middle stall and closed the door.

On spur of moment, the lights went off. Darkness invaded the room and the event at the club flashed back to mind. Just as I was about to open the door, I heard the familiar three syllable whistles. Someone was here. I could feel it. The sound of my heartbeats hammered in my ears alarming me of the person's presence. Cautious footsteps lumbered towards the stall I was in whilst a low scraping sound lingered. I knew freaking well what was happening. The person would try to secure the door with a screwdriver, just as it happened before. Nah, I wasn't going to let that happen again. Coward wasn't a part of me. A bodyguard had to stand up against all kind of evil action. Hiding wasn't the best solution. My self-defense knowledge kicked in. Without making any noise, I unlashed the lock. Just as I sensed a body was situated right in front of the stall, I kicked the door with my heels. A stumbling noise echoed in the room as the screwdriver dropped on the floor. I dashed out as fast as I could but the person was nowhere in sight. Just then, a shadow caught my attention. I followed it. It led to a back door which I had no idea of. The door was left ajar, I pushed it and instantly, I was out of the chateau.

The LED spotlights that surrounded the place aided my vision to scan for the culprit. A row of bushes swayed and rustled ahead of me. The person must have escaped through them. That Satan whistled a signature tone, weakening me. I hated hearing it. It reminded me of the incident that took place in the Youth Centre. I closed my eyes and shook the thoughts off. Craziness must be taking over my mind. It could be someone else. I wasn't a hundred percent sure that it was him in the first place. It could certainly be someone else. Someone closed to Robert. Someone who hated me for being closed to him. Someone who had little idea I was just a bodyguard to him and nothing else. Someone who was there that night, in the club. Someone who had spilled hot water on my forearms and locked me in the toilet. But it wasn't making sense. The whistles. The screwdriver. The heavy footsteps.

I yelled, "What do you want?" I paused to take deep breath, "Why are you following me? Reveal yourself if you dare to face me." The rustling in the bushes halted. The whistles stopped. A dark shadow rose from the bushes. Was it a guy? Was it a woman? I tried to figure out which was the possibility. Under the dim lights, the face of that person was hard to figure out, only long curly locks seemed visible, the vivid shadow indicated that. Vienna's hair was long, not sure about it being curly. It could have been style that way. But then, a golden glint appeared just above the chin.

Nervousness crept along my spine. My throat went dry. How could it be possible? All this time I thought it was someone else. I held a little presumption that it couldn't possibly be him to prevent myself from going berserk. I would never forget that golden tooth that drove me to insanity. I couldn't take this anymore. He should be away. I should be living a happy life without him in it.

"Hannah! Hannah!" Someone shook me. "Are you alright? You're shivering."

My worst nightmare was here. The news was real. The devil had come for me.

A mixture of vanilla and sandalwood aroma invaded my nostrils as I felt myself being pulled in an embrace. "Sweetheart, what's wrong? What happened? You know you can tell me anything, right?" His grip loosened and his electric blues searched mine for a possible answer to his questions.

I remained rigid in place. He clouded my vision. His curly hair, his golden tooth and his devilish face, I hated it all.

Not getting a response, his palms cupped my face while his thumb wiped a tear that betrayed me. "I miss you, sweetheart."

I wanted to say I miss you too but I couldn't bring myself to. I tried to concentrate on his touch and ignored my feelings. However, it was hard to do so.

"Let's get you inside before you freeze out here." He guided me in, locked the back door and turned to face me after he spotted the screwdriver on the floor.  "Hannah, this feels like deja vu all over again. I feel responsible for this. Vienna is going to suffer my wrath if she doesn't stop tormenting you." He picked up the tool and stared at it.

He thought it was her. If only he knew the truth, he wouldn't be having this conversation with me.

"Sweetheart, talk to me. I'm sorry. There's too much bad blood between me and Vienna. I can't undo the things I've done." He pleaded, not knowing the facts.

What should I do?  Tell him everything or brush him off and head to the grand ball and look for Alex? I'm lost between reality and idealism.

...

How are you, my lovelies? Did you miss me? I've missed all of you dearly! Some have even reminded me. Sorry, I wasn't able to reply but I did see your messages (I sneak a peek at work). 

Thank you so much to those who have been patient. A lot have change in my life. I've got very busy, more work and responsibility  and being stress all the time. I'm constantly drafting in my head, I have like 3 to 4 stories but unfortunately, time is my enemy. I wish I had a work where I get paid to write on Wattpad or better, get a year off with paid where I can spend it to write. 

Plus, I doubt my writing skills -not sure if I should be writing or just remain a reader. 

Regards,

SweetAngelx