Chapter 26

You opened the journal, reading his feelings and thoughts.

You realized that Jungkook loved you but you were too naive to realize it. It hurt you knowing you hurt him without even knowing.

Tears streamed down your cheeks as you read, 'I looked at her as if she was my universe... but she looked at me as if I was just another star in her galaxy.'

You didn't see Jungkook as a romantic interest but you felt that maybe if he confessed things wouldn't been different.

But your heart belongs to Jimin now. You love Jungkook as a friend or brother. You'd do anything for him; except love him.

You turned the last page and read, 'I want to start a new life, and so do you. I want you to be happy with Jimin, and I want to be happy knowing that you're happy. I apologize before hand if I act coldly towards you, I love you.'

Jimin watched from the bathroom doorway. He didn't want to intrude on whatever you were doing. He felt maybe you needed someone alone time. He closed the bathroom door once more, giving you privacy.

You picked up your phone, dialing Jungkook a number and placing your phone against your ear.

"Hello?" He answered.

"Jungkook!" You yelped, your voice still a bit weak and cracking because of crying.

You heard a small sigh, "I'm guessing you read the journal?" He asked.

"Yeah..." you replied, looking at the journal in your lap.

You were sensing a small grin on Jungkook's face, "I want you to be happy alright?"

You nodded and replied, "Jungkook I'm sorry I-"

He shushed you, "We're still best friends and will always be best friends. I'm never going to be a stranger."

You felt another tear run down your cheek, "I want to see you before I leave..."

"I'll meet you at the airport tomorrow." You heard a hint of sadness in his voice, "Are you crying?"

You quickly denied, wiping your tears. "N-No!"

Jungkook lowly chuckled, "Don't cry... you're gonna make me cry."

You sniffled, "Jungkook I'm so-"

"Eat breakfast and go on a date with Jimin or something." He said, "Don't worry, don't apologize... everything is fine."

You nodded, "Alright..."

"Goodbye Y/N."

"Goodbye Jungkook."

And like that, the line went blank. You dropped your phone and sighed.

Jimin walked out of the bathroom and sat next to you, wrapping his arm around your waist. "You okay?"

You shrugged, leaning your head against his shoulder.

Jimin nodded kissing your head, "How about we go get some ice cream and go to the beach?"

You looked up at Jimin and smiled slightly, "Can we?"

Jimin nodded, hugging you closer.

"Happy endings don't always happen, but with you... there is no other ending." Jimin whispered, looking into your eyes with his signature eye smile. He recited a line from your favorite book. He knew exactly how to cheer you up.

"Sometimes, happy things don't have come to an end." You smiled back, as he hugged you closer.

---

A/N: I sense the ending coming soon!