Scene 4; Aidan's House

(Aidan barges into his house and runs to his room)

BEATRICE: (cutting tomatoes on cutting board while looking down) I made you an omelet and wanted to see if you wanted (looks up to see that Aidan isn't there anymore) any. (yells) Aidan?!

AIDAN: (yells from room but still showing mom) Well alive!

BEATRICE: (continues to yell) Do you want lunch?!

AIDAN: Not hungry!

BEATRICE: (talks to self with a quieter tone) He's never not hungry. (confused, goes to Aidan's room and knocks on door)

AIDAN: (yells from room) It's locked!

(mom opens door unlocked)

AIDAN: (still typing on computer) Huh, that usually works.

BEATRICE: Oh yeah, well not on me. (takes off headphones and drops them on the ground)

AIDAN: (monotone and sarcastically while looking at the mom) Oh no, you scared me. Please no punishments. (lifts headphones from ground and puts them on, looks back at the computer)

BEATRICE: (takes off headphones again and moves Aidan's chin towards her) Yeah, you better be scared because as of right now you are not to leave this house for a week. That's right, you're grounded!

AIDAN: It's not like I have friends outside or inside of school anyways. You'd actually be doing me a favor.

BEATRICE: (drops mean act, moves on to sentimental) Aidan, why won't you tell me what's going on? Why do you have no friends? Why do you not want to go to school? What's going on in your life and why am I not involved in it?--

AIDAN: (interrupts Beatrice) One question at a time please.

BEATRICE: Ok then let me just ask you one question.

AIDAN: Make your best shot.

BEATRICE: Is there someone bullying you at school?

AIDAN: It's none of your business. (gets out of chair and leaves the room to walk down the hallway)

BEATRICE: (stops Aidan) Yeah, it actually is. As the mother of a child who is a victim of a bully attack, I should have a right to know--

AIDAN: (interrupts Beatrice again) But I'm not the victim! I am the bully!

(Beatrice is surprised and frightened. She slowly backs away turning her speed into a running away)

AIDAN: Mom!

BEATRICE: Don't. Leave me alone for a little while.