Fear of Rejection

Začít od začátku

I stand up and smile. Aura stands up beside me and grins mischievously. "What is it?" I ask, Aura shrugs.

"Oh, nothing." Aura smirks, I sigh knowing that it's going to be something big.

"Oh really? Tell me more Aphroditeeee?" I smirk. That's her wolfs name, and she hates it. Her mother was incapable of having children, so her mother prayed to the Moon Goddess, Artemis, to grant her a child. Artemis said she couldn't grant her a child, but she could help. So Artemis asked Aphrodite to grant them one child. And she did. But in return to having a child, they had to either let Aphrodite choose her mate, and they said no. They wanted to name their daughter after the Greek Goddess of beauty and love. But Artemis wouldn't allow her to named after a goddess, so instead she granted Aura with Aphrodite's spirit as her wolf. Her parents always feared Aphrodite would be angered and take wrath upon Aura for not being able to name her after the goddess, but were so pleased when Aphrodite became Aura's wolf.

"That's not my name!" She growls, causing me to laugh.

"You were graciously gifted the spirit of another Greek goddess! You have a goddess as your wolf!" I laugh, Aura rolls her eyes and walks to the other side of my room to get to the bathroom. She sits on the counter and plugs in a whole bunch of contraptions into the outlet socket. I walk in the bathroom and stare at all the oddly shaped tools. I can muster only a small portion of my vocabulary.

"No. Na ah! Nope. Nada. No way. Not gonna happen. Good luck." I laugh shaking my head. "It looks like a mass murder to my face is about to occur." Aura looks up at me, unamused. She rolls her eyes and unplugs all of the contraptions.

"I thought I was going to get to experiment on you for once!" She moans, making her sad face, I laugh.

"Considering you just said 'experiment,' I'm good. And anyway, I just said you could put in the basic stuff!" Aura huffs and pouts.

"You know, you should really be more out there. And you should let me make you look a little extra. You might meet your mate tonight." I shiver at the mention of the word 'mate.' I shake my head.

"I don't think so. I don't think I'll meet mine, Aura. To be honest, the chances are slim. We're linked. We're supposed to find our mates on the same day! It's been a week and a half. You met yours during winter break! It's not gonna happen." I tell her. "At least, not with me looking like this." I motion with my hand at my messy state. She shakes her head and laughs.

"Give me thirty minutes. If you don't like it, I'll do it simple, as always, deal?" She asks. It's tempting, I've seen the way Aura looks when she goes to a party. She's always pure gorgeousness, but that probably has more to do with the fact that she not only has Aphrodite's spirit as her wolf, but that she looks like Aphrodite.

"Fine." I submit.

"Yay!" Aura squeals, giggling and jumping up and down. I sigh, shaking my head in embarrassment.

"I've already started to regret my decision, Aura." She turns to me, her beautiful smile quickly fading, turning into a disappointed frown.

"Sorry. I didn't realize you were such a buzz kill." She mutters.

"Aura, watch your pretty little mouth." I growl, jokingly. She giggles.

"Sorry." She giggles more and turns back to her bag.

"Wait, what about you?"

"Hmmm?" She responds as she continues to unpack and sort out her makeup brushes.

"Shouldn't you get ready first?"

"It doesn't matter," she pauses to look at me. "You don't mind?" I shake my head, I know she likes to be prepared and cares how she presents herself. She smiles gently and relaxes, it was obvious that she was worried she would have to rush her makeup and hair.