XXXI. Truly Disappearing

{Hey guys! Just wanted to let you know I'll be doing another Q & A for 100k! If you have any questions (that aren't too personal) feel free to comment, and I might reply in the next few chapters. Thanks!}

Pidge and Lance made it back to the castle, and as soon as she landed, Pidge was yelling at the top of her lungs.
"Hunk! Shiro! Keith! Get your shit together! We're leaving!"
Hunk peeked into the hangar.

"What's wrong? And where does the princess need all of us to go at once?"

The green paladin growled.
"Oh, the princess isn't coming, Hunk."

Shiro walked in, Keith behind him.
"Wait, what's going on?" Shiro asked.

Keith's eyes darted around the room.
"And where's Lance?"

"In his hangar." Pidge muttered. "And we're getting away from the princess. She's-" Pidge breathed in shakily.
"-she's a traitor."

Hunk look even more confused now, if that was even possible.
"What are you-"

"That's Earth." Pidge said simply. "Allura took me and Lance to Earth. She wanted us to see what Keith's kind did to our home. She wanted us to hate you, Keith." She gritted her teeth.

The red paladin took a step backwards.
"That's Earth?!"

"Where's Lance?!" Hunk jumped around. "I'm going to get him!"
He ran as fast as he could to the blue lion's hangar.

"Where's the princess." Keith murmured.

"I don't know."

Shiro put a hand on Keith's shaky shoulder.
"Keith. Don't do this. We know you're not a traitor. Control yourself. Breathe. Do-"

"Shiro." Keith breathed in. "Shut up."

"At least you didn't have to see it." Pidge whispered.

Keith looked down at the ground, shaking Shiro off his shoulder.
"I'm so sorry, Pidge."

"It's not your fault, Kogane." She pushed her glasses up, repositioning herself, her sorrow gone as soon as it came.
"You're a part of this team, now. You always will be. So get all your stuff together, because we're leaving the castle and not coming back."

Hunk and Lance walked back into the room. Lance's feet dragged along the cold, dark floor of the hangar.
"Lance!" Keith rushed over to him and hugged him tightly. Lance wrapped his arms around the smaller paladin.
"Thank God you guys are okay."

The blue paladin nodded softly.
"Yeah."
He looked around at everyone else in the hangar.
"Are we going?"

Pidge's heart dropped.
Lance was not okay. He was trying to hide it.

"Lance.. if you want to talk-"

"I don't." The blue paladin growled. "I'm just fine."
Keith found sudden interest in his ankles.

"Okay. Should we talk to Coran-"

"Forget Coran." Pidge said firmly. "We're leaving."

The yellow paladin put his hands up.
"I'm not going to leave until I know what's going on. What did the Princess say to you?"

"Nothing." Lance said. "She was silent the whole time. We landed in a graveyard, but there were just.. bodies." He shuddered. "No stone. No coffins. And there was no one around."

"Did she tell you that was Earth?" Shiro raised an eyebrow.

"She pretended like the map wasn't working until I told her to look for us." Pidge responded. "But it doesn't matter, okay? Get whatever you need from your rooms. We have to go."

"Go where?!" Keith hissed. "There's nowhere in this entire universe that's safe!"

"I don't know!" The green paladin retorted. "But unless you want to get murdered in your sleep by Allura, Keith, I suggest you get moving."

Keith trudged to the hallway that his room resided in. Lance and Shiro followed.
"Pidge," Hunk asked. "What happened to Lance?"

She shrugged. "He doesn't want to talk about it, Hunk. Don't take it personally. He'll come around."

"I know."

"He saw some stuff. You know Lance had a lot of family on Earth. We both did, too." She smiled sadly. "Are you okay?"

Hunk sighed.
"Yeah. Just gotta... gotta let go. We have to protect the universe. Our losses are less then the universe's losses."

"Voltron is a load of shit. It's nothing but suffering."

Hunk dragged his heels out the door.

"Amen."
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm back, sorry, I was on vacation. :)
I know I've been recommending a lot of songs lately, but that's just because they're amazing, and I think they fit everything that's coming into play.
Also! The Q & A is happening for 100k! Feel free to ask any questions!