Nicky held up a ribbon bow with three tiny bells attached, and I shook my head. The last thing I needed was bells jingling every time Jess went in or out of her room. I also declined the mini rubber ducky, fake spider, and keychain tape measure. What was she even doing with these things in her room?

Apparently realizing something more mundane was required, Nicky finally dug out a palm-sized four-leaf clover made from foam. The good luck charm was almost too ironic and brought a smirk to my face.

"That'll work. Do you have anything we can use to hang it?"

"I have some fishing line, although I seem to have lost my scissors."

I rolled my eyes. "My fingernails are probably sharper than those scissors."

"Oh, right. I forgot about that. Ah, here's the fishing line."

We left the disaster zone and went back to Jess's door. Taking the clover from Nicky, I used my fingernail to poke a hole through the foam. It closed back up, of course, but the hole was still present. Now I just needed the fishing line, which Nicky handed me.

I forced the tip through the barely visible dent in the foam, and as I tied a loop in the fishing line, the bathroom door down the hallway opened. I hung the foam decoration just below her doorknob, where I hoped the soft material wouldn't make any noise.

"What are you doing?" Jess asked, coming up behind us.

"Making sure you know which door is yours," I replied, stepping back so she could see it.

"Perfect! Thank you! Now I won't stumble into someone else's room."

Nicky examined the small spool of fishing line in her hands. "Considering Trinity just cut through this fishing line like it was a joke, I'm still trying to figure out how she can manhandle the bedding in the washing tub without it looking like confetti by the time she's done."

Clearly not understanding what she was talking about, Jess just shrugged. "I'm not sure, but I do like the door hanger. Thank you."

Stuffing the fishing line in her pocket, Nicky replied, "You're welcome. Just wait until we move it on you one day."

I growled a reprimand at Nicky, which earned me a startled glance from Jess and a wide grin from Nicky.

"Fingers off," I warned the redhead, who was far too likely to try something like that. "You try it, and I'll declare your room a fire hazard."

"Alright, alright," Nicky conceded. "You win. I'll let her door charm be in peace." Noticing Jess's expression, she commented, "You haven't been around sane zombies much, have you?"

"Not really. Well, actually, Trinity and Daniel are the only two I've ever seen. I guess I have a lot to learn."

"Don't worry, I can teach you," Nicky reassured her, with a bit too much enthusiasm for my tastes.

I wasn't sure whether to be reassured because of Nicky's excellent observation skills regarding zombie quirks or worried about what she classified as limits.

Jess glanced between Nicky and me, possibly having reservations due to my lack of enthusiasm.

"The first thing we need to teach her is the layout of this building and probably a quick tour of the main building," I corrected Nicky.

Nicky scratched her head. "A tour of the main building? Other than the dining hall, I didn't think you ever went inside. Do you even know what half of those rooms are for?"

"That's where you come in. She probably just needs to know the basics."

"Why do I have a feeling you won't be joining us on that part of the tour?"