21

Idea for a book...

Warning: might be weird for some. Depends where you sit at the weird scale.

Groups of people are categorized by animal. They have characteristics and features of their animal. Kind of like spiritual animals. There are many groups and  speak different dialogues: whatever their animal is.

Even all languages are different, some are similar. Like the eagle language is similar to the falcon's because they are both birds.

There are hybrids like half eagle and half lion. Most would call that a griffin. Those hybrids are rare in this world because since different groups live in different areas, they are separated. The parents could have ran away and bred a hybrid or two of the same mated and are blessed with a hybrid. Like an eagle woman and an eagle man equals a phoenix. Those are really rare.

The only time one group meets another is when meetings are held in 'The Middle.' The middle is like the town square. Groups live around the middle and are separated by walls. Each group consists of thousands.

Some ideas for some of the groups:

**Wolf People; like werewolves. Can shift into a wolf at any desired time. White, grey, brown and black hair is very common. Sharp teeth for their meat only diet. Yellow eyes which are very useful for seeing in the dark. They can run fast and love to run in forests. Every Wolf Person has a wolf companion that bonded with them since birth. They love to show off their howling skills and males are very protective of their mates even though they know that she Wolf People are capable of killing. Of course, every family has their own territory.

**Deer/stag people; the deer are female and males are stags. Brown hair of different shades are all you see in the group. They have round eyes just like deer and stags. They are mainly vegetarian but there are few omnivores. Like the wolves, they can run fast and dodge obstacles quickly. They are all tan with small white splotches. They are peaceful and kind people.

**Bird of any type; think about harpies. They are similar to those human and bird hybrids but also different. Wings are a necessity for them because they spend most of their days flying above other groups. They have bird eyes and Owl People have beautiful owl eyes. It is a habit for them to sing in their languages in the morning. They are light and graceful.

**Cat People; many are lazy and are always seen lying down where the sun shines the brightest. They are stealthy and their balance is impeccable. Like cats, they always land on their feet. Many choose to grow their nails like cats when some don't really care. The young love to train and fool around with strings and the leaves rolling in the wind. They show their pleasure by purring and rubbing against each other. They have cute cat ears and long whiskers.

**Fish People; live in the oceans and seas. They consider the ocean their homes and most live in schools, swimming with the fish they represent. The strongest Fish People are the sharks. They all have fins and webbing. Like fish, they have gills and can breathe underwater. They like to collect seashells and study coral. They visit land through streams and lakes.

**Monkey People; split into different species such as the baboon, spider monkey or gorilla. Their homes are high in the treetops of the jungles reserved just for them. They are a free people and their land is not surrounded by walls. They love eating exotic fruits while swinging in the trees and having fun. Monkey People are good at dancing and are great at entertaining.

(There are many other animals out there but I can't possibly do all the animals. If you wish to write anything like this, add whatever creature you like.)

Hybrids

These are the rare people and what combinations create them.

Unicorn: any person with a horn+horse or horse+horse

Pegasus: horse+bird or horse+horse

Phoenix: bird+bird

Griffin: lion+bird or lion+lion

Hippocampus: fish+horse

Flying Fish: fish+fish or fish+bird

Manticore: lion+scorpion

(Again, there may be more but I'll leave that up to whoever writes the book.)