I nod.

"Okay,"

❦════༻ 🌷 ༺════❦

I was discharged a few hours later by the hospital staff.

As I approached the front entrance of the hospital, I spot two motor bikers speeding towards me in a hassle.

One of them pulls out a dark, foreign object in their right hand and slowly points it towards me.

Before they could get to me though, a hummer drives up to the curb, braking hard with the front passenger door kicking open.

A familiar but urgent voice calls me inside.

"Ash get inside, quick!"

I instinctively jump in, shutting the door behind me.

The driver steps on the gas and we speed away from the hospital just in time before the bikers could reach us.

I look around the humvee to see two people dressed in what seemed like military gear with helmets, completely obscuring their identities.

"Um... Who are you?" I ask, very confused.

The one sitting in the back seat spoke up with a loud, commanding voice.

"I'm sorry, but this isn't a time for questions. You're in very great danger. Right now, your safety is our top priority," she says, turning to look in the rear window.

Wow...

When did I suddenly get so important to attract the attention of the military?

The driver turns his hand towards me for a moment before looking back towards the road.

"Don't worry, Ash. You're in good hands," He says in a very familiar, cheerful tone of voice.

I was about to ask before the soldier in the back seat speaks up again.

"Harrison, we're being tailed. Punch the gas!"

In a flash, the car speeds up even faster with the engine getting louder.

"Where's the rescue team?" The driver asks quickly.

"I've contacted HQ, but they've got their hands full with other issues. Local police are on their way," She says, looking back once again.

A loud pop suddenly radiates from the rear window, and I turn around to see a cobweb of cracked glass covering the window.

Oh my-

"Quick, put your head down Ketchum! Harrison, get us out of here, now!!" She yells pushing my head down to shield me.

"Roger that," He says, taking a sharp turn left.

Before I knew it, local police had surrounded the bikers and we were speeding down the streets, with the police escorting us for extra protection.

I still have no clue what is going on...

"Uh... Where are you taking me?" I ask, genuinely confused.

❦ Ever So Graceful ༻ SatoSereजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें