Chapter Forty-Four: Diana of Themyscira

Magsimula sa umpisa

Silvia was thrown from the site by the incredible force, glad that the gunner's aim was slightly off. Less glad, however, that she wasn't expecting a tank...and that this maniac just killed twelve of his friends trying to kill her. She landed on her back in the dirt, sighing "Man, talk about overkill." 

The whirling of the tank's engine sounded as it pushed free of the debris, straight for Silvia. Suddenly, it grinded to a halt, howling in strain. It then seemed to hover about six feet into the air... Silvia quickly realised what was actually going on.A woman stood proud and strong, heaving the armoured vehicle over her head like it weighed as much as a straw basket. Diana's confident stare met Silvia's eyes and she flashed a warm smile.

"Fancy seeing you here." Diana quipped.

"...H-Hey. Wasn't expecting a tank. So you make jokes now?" Silvia said, pulling to her feet.

Without a single mote of exertion, Wonder Woman casually tossed the tank to her side, planting her hands on her hips. Superman would never have done something like that; there were militants inside the tank, so he would've set it down softly. It seemed that Wonder Woman wasn't as concerned as Clark was for those who choose to act wrongly.

As she stood there, Silvia stared at her bare arms, legs and shoulders...and was once again hypnotised by her the sheer strength radiated by her muscled stature.

"I always joke. Maybe you just need to get to know me." Silvia was a full head or two... or three shorter than the Amazon princess, who was about Superman's height. That paired with her musculature made her one imposing woman. She was taller than Batman... "I've been wanting to speak with you."

"Uh...really?" Silvia responded in a weak yelp.

"Perhaps over dinner? Once we take those children to safety, of course. They're in the building behind us." Diana said, an air of friendliness in her voice.

Silvia's breath hitched. "...Dinner? With me...?"

----------------

Silvia had stayed away from major cities during her time in South Africa but Diana insisted that she join her for dinner at a fancy French restaurant in Johannesburg. They had just ordered their food, and were waiting for it to be brought out. Silvia was unnerved by this fancy establishment...and the fact that she was sitting opposite one of the strongest beings on the planet. 

Diana was wearing a tidy black skirt, a loose white button-up shirt that masked her impressive physique and a pair of circular-rimmed glasses. She had her hair tied up in a ponytail. Despite efforts to blend in, Silvia still thought Diana stuck out like a sore thumb due to her size. 

Silvia noticed that she was fiddling with a worn scrap of paper. "What's that?"

Diana smiled sweetly and passed her the old photograph. "His name is Steve Trevor...Colonel Steve Trevor."

Silvia plucked the small picture out of her hand and gazed at it. It was a very worn photo of a blonde man with a charming smile and rugged good looks. "Wow...he's...pretty hot."

"I was never one for technology...so I just keep that with me."

"How did you guys meet?" Silvia asked, after taking a sip of coke through a straw.

Diana took the pair of glasses off of her face, finally unable to contain her annoyance at them, and set them on the table. "He crashed his plane on Themyscira, the island home of the Amazons. He helped me foil the plans of Ares, God of War, and his planned conquest of Man's World. 

"Oh. That's...different."

"There were no men on our island; the Amazons despised mankind. I was...young and curious of the outside world...I suppose he represented that for me."