Act 16

The clock on the pale wall in front of me struck exactly 9 A.M. as a very familiar face appeared in my peripheral vision, tracing their gaze along my forehead, eyebrows, eyes, nose, lips and jaw.

The face with tender yet chiseled features belonged to no other than Park Jimin. His dark eyes connected with mine, and I quickly looked past him at the clock, indicating an exact minute had passed.

"Jimin," I breathed out and raised my hand cautiously, expecting to feel the soft texture of his skin touching my palm, but an ecstatic voice that grew louder in my ears blurred my vision, and the face shifted to Yoongi's.

"She's awake!" The female voice called out while Yoongi backed away to press a warm towel on top of my forehead.

I became aware of my surroundings when I detached my eyes from the boy and studied the room I was in. The walls were plainly white, and a clock with striking numbers hanging right across from me. My body was laying down on a bed, and as the feeling in my nerves returned, something sharp was stinging my forearm and I turned my head to examine the pain. A needle digging in the crack of my elbow made flinch in utter suddenness.

"No, no, no," said a female voice I recognized, "darling, don't make an effort."

My mother's lovely, doe-like eyes came in contact with mine. She rested the palm of her freckled hand on top of my other wrist, stroking the skin tenderly.

"Mom!" I breathed out and reached out to hug her. "Where am I? What is happening?"

"You're in the ER, sweetie." Scooting closer to me, she plants a kiss on top of my forehead. "I'm glad you're feeling a bit better now. Your friends notified the secretary that let me know about the incident. I took the train all the way here."

Blinking, my glance roamed the emergency room; Yoongi sat down on the leather-sofa across my bed, a young nurse dressed in a blue scrub typed in the computer right from me, and to my surprise, Ryon was also there. She leaned against the wall separating the two windows and eyed me with a concerned look.

"Ryon," I mouthed and she pushed herself off the mirror, joining my mom's side. "How did you-"

"Yoongi and Baekhyun called me," she stopped me mid-sentence, "I was worried about you."

Those five words made me gasp in disbelief, and a wave of relief flooded my heart. After all these days of the silent treatment we indirectly gave each other, deeply down she still cared.

I wiped a stray tear off the corner of my eye and bit my lower lip to suppress an escaping smile.

My eyes also searched for another person: Jimin. For some reason I felt slightly upset that he wasn't there, but as the memories from last night crept back in my brain again, I already had left the training hall, letting me conclude that he wasn't aware of the whole situation.

Sighing deeply, I let my the weight of my head sink into the pillow and furrowed my eyebrows.

"I think we're going to let you guys alone," Yoongi suggested and nodded towards the exit while eying Ryon. She pursed her lips and threw me one last glance before following the blonde-haired boy through the door, leaving me and my mother alone.

"Are you feeling better to go back to class again?" The soft voice of my mom pulled me out of my swirling thoughts that clouded my brain. "Now that the evaluation is close, you gotta make a decision."

Folding my hands neatly in my lap, I intertwined my fingers and watched them wiggle absent-mindlessly. "I guess so. After all, I didn't train hard just to blow off the evaluation, right?"

My mom chuckled and again caressed my pale skin. "You're right. Listen, I don't want to get too much in your business, but I feel like confronting you with something. Who were you training with, Soo Mi?"

Her sudden question made my eyebrows rise at an instant. I bit the inside of my lower lip and maintained firm eye contact.

"With one of my classmates, Park Jimin. He's the son of the principal. Why are you asking?"

At the sound of Jimin's name, she sharply inhaled as she brought her fingertips to her lips in disbelief. "Wait a minute, Park Jimin goes to the same school as you, doesn't he?"

I felt my arms growing cold, concerned with her words. "Yeah. Mom, why are you acting like this?"

Her eyes directed themselves on the floor. "N-Nothing. Your friend Ryon told me you were training with him. Are you sure it's the Park Jimin?"

Groaning at her strange reaction, I nodded, "yes, mom, it's Park Jimin. Why is everyone making such a big deal out of him? You, Hoseok, Ryon, everybody is talking about him like he's some royalty or God. He's just a regular kid with a passion for Martial Arts. Seriously, this is getting ridiculous."

"No, you don't understand." She grabbed my hand firmly and pulled me softly towards her. "He's not a good influence, Soo Mi."

Pulling my hand away from her, my eyes grew wider and I swung my legs from the bed in order to gather my things together. Her words that seemed like she got them from nowhere drove me insane and loaded me up with nervousness and energy.

"What do you know, Mom?" I shook my head. "I talked to him several times and I know that all he wants is bringing me towards success."

"Ryon told me everything."

Those four words were enough to startle me completely.

"What do you mean by everything?"

My mother stood up and stepped closer to me. "I need to tell you something important. Promise me to keep your calm, understood?"

My heart was literally jumping up and down, fluttering in anticipation. I felt my stomach grow tighter as she opened her mouth.

"Soo Mi, Jimin was your-"

"Miss Kim?" The nurse's bright voice interrupted my mother as she entered the room with a clipboard in her hand. "Is your daughter doing okay?"

I clicked my tongue in disappointment and my mother turned around as she heard her name being said. "Yeah. Yeah she is."

My hand grabbed my mother's shoulder softly and I pulled her back to face me. "What was it?"

She shook her head apologetically and subtly pointed at the nurse. "Not the time right now. Just... promise me you're careful around him, okay?"

Left in confusion, she kissed my forehead and rushed towards the nurse to fill out the clipboard.

Something must be definitely wrong about this boy, since everybody is so secretive about it. There's only one person whom I can get the real solution about Park Jimin from.

Taehyung.

***
(a/n): This chapter sucked major ass but HEY I'm back! I'm also trying to update faster now that I'm freeing myself from my author's block and yeah. How were you all doing?
I also want to say that I might upload a new story too. It's going to be a pretty educational story, but you all will see soon. :)
Also, this book has a lot of time skips, but this is just me writing about the most important scenes throughout this story. So don't wonder why she's all of a sudden at the evaluation next chapter. I just don't like wasting chapters with unnecessary stuff, I like cutting the crap :D
Anyways, thank you for reading! Stay tuned for more in the future. Love you all! ~ 앨리 Ally

P.S.: Y'all I have Kokobop by Exo stuck in my head please send help