Act 14

My consciousness was trapped in a deep abyss of pure darkness - and as I kept moving forward, my fingertips reached couple feet in front of me, scared to walk into something I couldn't notice in the dark.

Farther away in the horizon, a small, dim light appeared, providing me with a sense of security. Exhaling deeply, the speed of my feet increased and I jogged as the light became brighter and intenser.

Out of nowhere, I found myself in the middle of an arena, surrounded by thousands of people cheering and clapping. Turning in every direction, my vision remained unchanged: people and people everywhere.

My body was trembling uncontrollably, as if I was dreading something that was about to happen. My eyes finally found the ground, and I noticed how I was barefooted.

The solid ground made out of concrete felt so cold, that the soles of my feet started aching. The coldness expanded in the arena, and my body began shivering, causing me to rub my arms.

"Stop shivering there like a little girl," a firm, manly voice barked at me, and I turned around to see Coach Davis with an exasperated expression. "It's time to fight!"

My rival standing in front of me took of his black hoodie in one swift movement, revealing silver hair that was shining from the spotlights behind him. The face was undoubtably recognizable.

"Park Jimin?" My mouth instantly went dry, not being able to emit any other word besides his name.

To the left, three people, whom I also instantly recognized, kept yelling the same words over and over, "You can do it, Jimin! You will win!"

Those chants belonged to Hoseok, Ryon and Taehyung, who frowned as their eyes connected with mine, but their chants rooting for Jimin remained consistent.

Wherever I got this sudden confidence from was a mystery to me, but my voice returned and with the boosted self-esteem, I yelled out: "You all are fake! Fake, fake friends!"

Only Ryon was affected by my words; she shut her mouth, whereas my nasty words flew over Hoseok's and Taehyung's heads like nothing, only causing them to cheer louder.

Ryon's dark eyes scanned me up and down with disgrace, shaking her head lowly.

How did this sudden hate struck me so badly? I seemed to become a different person as I was dreaming. And the sense of hate was so unbearable that my fingers started itching for violence.

"Get ready, fight!" I hear Coach Davis' voice echo in my ears.

Jimin immediately lunged forward, almost knocking the wind out of me. The energy I had collected ran out quickly, and I found myself being hit more often that I stroke punches.

My elbow found his solar plexus right between his ribs, making him yelp in pain, and as he sunk down on the ground, be pulled me with him.

A fist found my left cheekbone and my frame was enclosed by Jimin's body, making me struggle under him as I pushed his arm that had already swung out to strike another punch, and he lost his balance.

"Stop... it," I coughed as I rubbed my cheekbone with my fingertips. I sensed something liquid pouring down the side of my face, and I immediately eye my palms to find blood covering my entire hand.